OverviewIBM Procurement Strategic Sourcing Buyer Full Time in Markham, ON
Branch Markham ON CA
Procurement Strategic Sourcing Buyer
The Transformation & Operations organization manages the daily operations of IBM’s $39B supply chain….
The Transformation & Operations organization manages the daily operations of IBM’s $39B supply chain. With a team of 19,000 employees in 56 countries, individuals work in a collaborative environment in support of IBM’s businesses and customers with the goal of establishing the most responsive and cost-effective supply chain in the industry.
The Procurement organization, a major component of the Transformation & Operations, is responsible for the acquisition of goods and services needed to meet customer requirements and solutions. This global team of 3700 supports the needs of every part of IBM throughout the world in a centralized and integrated manner. By interlocking directly with clients to meet business strategies and financial performance objectives, this driven group of individuals provides unique Procurement expertise in support of customer proposals and alliances globally. Guided by its core values, principles and practices, and extensive use and diffusion of industry-leading applications, IBM Procurement has become a world leader in the provision and delivery of On Demand Procurement services. As a commodity team member, you will have the opportunity to make a difference and contribute to Procurement’s continuing success where innovation and teamwork are foundational.
Strategic Sourcing Buyers ensure a competitive advantage through early engagement with clients while negotiating best value and mitigating risk for the corporation. Responsibilities include:
• Procuring goods and services for Facilities Services and Solutions
• Supporting significant Strategic Outsourcing Customer accounts
• Managing a significant contract spend portfolio
• Negotiating complex contracts consistent with client requirements
• Communicating and negotiating with internal clients and suppliers
• Presenting to Senior Executives for suppliers, clients and Procurement
• Driving cost out of the business
• Analyzing changing client/market conditions
• Evaluate and manage vendor performance and drive continuous improvement and corrective actions programs
• Drive collaboration, process standardization, and knowledge management across the sourcing lifecycle
• Educating and advising clients and suppliers on strategies
• Demonstrated communication skills (written and verbal)
• Demonstrated relationship management skills
• Demonstrated negotiation skills
• Contract management experience
• Supplier management experience
• Demonstrated financial/analytical/problem-solving skills
• Detail Oriented
• Procurement experience (preferred, but not mandatory)
• Understanding of Procurement procedures and strategies
- Bachelor’s Degree
- English: Fluent
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
Employment Type: Full Time
Location: Markham, ON, CA
Posted on: 2015-03-23