OverviewIBM Database Administrator – Oracle Full Time in Montréal, QC
Branch Montréal QC CA
Database Administrator – Oracle
Ingres DBA skills. Since receiving the Randstad Award for Canada’s Most Attractive Employer (ranked #1 in 2015), IBM is expanding technology footprint by…
Since receiving the Randstad Award for Canada’s Most Attractive Employer (ranked #1 in 2015), IBM is expanding technology footprint by growing its IT Services Centers.
Through partnership and collaboration, IBM is planting the economic development seeds to help transition Montreal into a knowledge worker economy that can positively tackle challenges for the benefit of all Canadians and organizations around the world. Will you join us?
As an IBMer, you can change the way the world works. Join IBM and be part of a diverse and global team of thinkers and doers—people who want to make an impact, cultivate their expertise and collaborate with some of the world’s top business and technology professionals. Network in an open, friendly and flexible work environment where diversity is embraced and new, creative ways of thinking are encouraged and supported. There is no better place to launch or further your career.
Database Administration is the process of administering to the physical aspects of the customer database. Physical administration would include the creation, modification, tuning, backing up and recovering of the database. Candidate must have knowledge and experience performing Oracle Physical database administration on Unix and Windows platform. This includes the following:
- DBMS product installation, maintenance and configuration.
- Perform database space management and monitoring.
- Implement requirements for database backup and recovery requirements.
- Perform database reorgs, review statistics and other applicable utilities to ensure proper database function and performance.
- Assist in database performance tuning.
- Perform problem determination and resolution.
- Prepare change requests to migrate new and/or changed database objects into production.
- Create and maintain database structures.
- Migrate and install new/changed database objects to the database environment.
- Assist with migration and/or load of application data into the database environment.
- Oracle RAC
- Develop and maintain ssh, Unix shell scripts
- Support Oracle Dataguard
- Support Oracle RMAN
- Apply Knowledge of High Availability Solutions
- Support Oracle OEM
- Support Oracle OLAP
- Support Oracle Partitioning
- Support Oracle RAC
- Perform Database Security-Oracle
- Interface with Customer & Tech Supt Teams
- Create and modify Operating Procedures
- Create reports and spreadsheets
- Execute structured Problem and Change Management processes.
- Some overtime may be required.
- Perform 24×7 on-call support.
- Support of customers in different time zones including Mountain time may be required.
5+ Years of experience supporting Oracle Version 8i, 9i, 10g, 11g, 12c
Daily onsite presence in Montreal QC is required.
Proven English Written and Verbal communication skills
Perform 24×7 on-call
10+ Years of experience supporting Oracle Version 8i, 9i, 10g, 11g, 12c
Preference will be given to bilingual candidates with fluent French and English (both written and spoken)
Demonstrated problem solving abilities
Proven organizational skills
Ingres DBA skills
Employment Type: Full Time
Location: Montreal, QC, CA
Posted on: 2017-03-31