OverviewIBM Database Administrator – MySQL Full Time in Montréal, QC
Branch Montréal QC CA
Database Administrator – MySQL
3+ years of MySQL DBA support on Linux / Unix variants and Windows. Since receiving the Randstad Award for Canada’s Most Attractive Employer (ranked #1 in 2015)…
Since receiving the Randstad Award for Canada’s Most Attractive Employer (ranked #1 in 2015), IBM is expanding its Quebec footprint by growing its IT Services Centre.
Through partnership and collaboration, IBM is planting the economic development seeds to help transition Montreal, QC into a knowledge worker economy that can positively tackle challenges for the benefit of all Canadians and organizations around the world. Will you join us?
As an IBMer, you can change the way the world works. Join IBM and be part of a diverse and global team of thinkers and doers—people who want to make an impact, cultivate their expertise and collaborate with some of the world’s top business and technology professionals. Network in an open, friendly and flexible work environment where diversity is embraced and new, creative ways of thinking are encouraged and supported. There is no better place to launch or further your career.
Database Administration is the process of administering to the physical aspects of the customer database. Physical administration would include the creation, modification, tuning, backing up and recovering of the database.
Candidate must have knowledge and experience performing MySQL Server Physical database administration.
This includes the following:
- DBMS product installation, maintenance and configuration
- Space Management/Monitoring
- Perform database space management and monitoring.
- Backup and Recovery
- Implement requirements for database backup and recovery requirements.
- Support of Tivoli Data Protection (TDP) for Back-ups
- Ensure that there are successful nightly recoverable backups of all databases.
- Execute Database recovery procedures in case of either Hardware or Software problems.
- Performance and Tuning
- Perform database reorgs, statistics and other applicable utilities to ensure proper database function and performance.
- Monitor and tune databases to ensure optimal performance based on database and operating statistics.
- Problem Determination
- Perform problem determination and resolution.
- Investigate and fix any database system problems. Support to applications within scope.
- Prepare change requests to migrate new and/or changed database objects into production.
- Create and maintain database structures.
- Migrate and install new/changed database objects to the database environment.
- Assist with migration and/or load of application data into the database environment.
- Maintain and implement database security based IBM and or client security policies.
- Provide recommendations on application design guidelines for database access.
- Provide & maintain jobs/scripts in support of maintaining the physical aspects for the databases and the database management systems.
- This position requires after hours support work and also participation in an on-call rotation.
Fluent English (written and spoken) is required.
Daily onsite presence in Montreal, QC is required.
3+ years of MySQL DBA support on Linux / Unix variants and Windows
3+ years supporting MySQL on zLinux (Mainframe) systems.
College /University level education or Technical School graduate
Exposure and awareness of complete MySQL version set (v4.X, v5.X) including all fixpacks and sub-levels.
Awareness of MySQL distributions and 3rd-party engines and tools, including various backup tools and associated approaches
Ability to code Linux / Unix tools using basic shell scripting languages and associated tools (ie bash. perl DBI, grep, sed, awk)
Security advocate and exposure to various incident and change management processes and associated tools
Employment Type: Full Time
Location: Montreal, QC, CA
Posted on: 2017-03-31