OverviewIATA Business Analyst,.Net Contract in Montréal, QC
Branch Montréal QC CA
Identifying the current- and future-state business processes. You will also be involved in operational activities to facilitate complexes upgrades or root cause…
Reporting to the COE, you will be working on various application development projects. You will work across all phases of projects from product inception workshops through realization, testing, go live, support and maintenance. You will also be involved in operational activities to facilitate complexes upgrades or root cause analysis investigations and will work extensively with Business stakeholders, as well as fellow Solution Architects, technical Platform Owners, Project Managers and Application Support.
- Understanding the needs of multiple stakeholders.
- Facilitating the negotiation of requirements amongst multiple stakeholders.
- Identifying the current- and future-state business processes.
- Helping the business stakeholders envision the future and how their work will need to change to support the future.
- Creating, analyzing, documenting, and validating detailed functional specifications.
- Facilitating design sessions with the implementation team to define the solution.
- Delivering elements of systems design, including data migration rules, business rules, wireframes, or other detailed deliverables.
- Continuously improve the solutions and coordinate small to mid-size enhancements and provide guidelines and standards, SOPs and documentations;
- Actively participate in the inception and planning activities for new projects and help to define capacity and roadmap;
- Take an active part in projects as well to ensure proper methodology is followed and to ensure smooth transitioning to support mode;
Qualifications and Skills
- BSc Degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or equivalent.
- 5 -7 year experience as a Business Analyst in public or private sectors.
- Excellent Communication skills both written and oral
- Good understanding of Microsoft application development frameworks, standards, methodologies, tools and issues.
- Good experience in both bespoke software development and integration and configuration of COTS products.
- Good experience of delivering solutions in an Agile (Scrum) environment.
- Ability to work well with individuals at all levels in the organization required;
- Ability to work under pressure in a very demanding environment, supporting critical IT Operations, Ability to deliver projects with tight deadlines;
- Ability to balance multiple projects and application support simultaneously and work on a team or individually;
- Strong customer focus and interpersonal skills in a multi-cultural environment;
At the heart of IATA are our Values and Behaviors. We all have different personalities, styles and areas of expertise, but you’ll recognize us by the consistent way we act and behave in line with our Values and Behaviors. We are looking for people who bring them to life in everything they do – they are:
- Act with integrity and uphold our standards
- Think strategically in support of the global big picture
- Partner and manage to create high performing teams
- Putting people first by acting with a simple human touch
Here at IATA we are proud of being a Diverse & Inclusive Organization – we have people from all over the world working in our offices, and we extend this to our recruiting practices. We are a meritocratic organization and an equal opportunity employer.
Employment Type: Freelance
Location: Montreal, QC, CA
Posted on: 2017-02-11