Employment Type: Full Time
Posted on: 2016-11-01
Ian Tate Plumbing & Heating Estimator/Project Coordinator Full Time in Antigonish, NS
Ian Tate Plumbing & Heating
Branch Antigonish NS CA
Previous experience estimating commercial plumbing projects up to $10 million. Must be very well organized and capable of overseeing and estimating multiple…
- Previous experience estimating commercial plumbing projects up to $10 million.
- Prepare full cost estimates, interpret documentation, specifications and design drawings to define scope/contents of estimates.
- Ability to interpret and understand construction documents, including engineering practices and codes.
- Have an in depth understanding of tender documents and project specifications and examine, evaluate and analyze all tenders while adhering to tendering procedures.
- Follow the process from initial tender to project start, shop drawings, change orders, completion of Operations and Maintenance manuals, and close out documents.
- Must be very well organized and capable of overseeing and estimating multiple projects at a time.
- Ability to develop and maintain relationships with clients, vendors, sub-contractors, suppliers, general contractors and union representatives.
- Minimum 2 years experience with mechanical systems considered an asset.
- Minimum 3-5 years of construction estimating experience.
- Knowledge of plumbing codes considered an asset.
- Knowledge of National Building Code of Canada 2010 considered an asset.
- Experience with estimating software.
- Must have the aptitude to compile and submit comprehensive, professional and detailed bid proposals.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Proven ability to work under pressure, prioritize tasks and meet deadlines.
- Strong computer skills and knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Adobe pdf.)
Job Type: Full-time