OverviewHyLife Foods LP Manufacturing Engineers Full Time in La Broquerie, MB
HyLife Foods LP
Branch La Broquerie MB CA
La Broquerie, MB
Bachelor of Engineering degree in Manufacturing, Industrial or Mechanical Engineering. Diploma of Engineering Technology in Manufacturing or Mechanical…
HyLife Ltd is a progressive Manitoba based company. HyLife and its affiliates have feed and pork operations and genetics sales in various countries around the world. These positions are based at the Head Office in the vibrant community of La Broquerie, Manitoba which has a reputation for its beauty and high quality of life. We are currently seeking highly motivated people to fill the position of Manufacturing Engineer . These positions report directly to the Manufacturing Engineering Manager.
The Manufacturing Engineer is a broad-based role which engages with operations on all facets of the business needs. As the Manufacturing Engineer, you will support the business through effective management of value, risk, content, communication, knowledge and resources. You will play a key role in designing, modeling, building and deploying functional solutions.
This position will include the following responsibilities and day-to-day functions:
- Assume leadership and management of activities requiring process improvements
- Ensure appropriate response to immediate safety, quality and productivity issues that arise
- Ensure budgets are adhered to as approved
- Ensure compliance to all codes and regulations including the health and safety policy and practices in the delivery of services
- Analyze work force utilization, facility layout and operation data such as product cost, process flows and production schedules, to determine efficient utilization of all assets
- Participate in the training and development of other employees within the organization
- Assist with the development and integration of corporate cultural elements
- Champion and evolve continuous improvement initiatives
- Lead or participate in special product or process development projects
- Assume other technical support duties as they are assigned
The successful candidate should possess the following qualifications:
- Bachelor of Engineering degree in Manufacturing, Industrial or Mechanical Engineering
- Diploma of Engineering Technology in Manufacturing or Mechanical Engineering Technology
- Experience in leading implementation of Lean initiatives
- Minimum of 2-5 years of relevant experience
- Proficient in MS Office applications and AutoCAD
- A sharp business sense and the ability to identify business opportunities
- Excellent communication, organizational, analytical and problem solving skills
- Ability to work in a team environment as well as independently
- Proven leadership skills in a flexible, ever changing environment, to achieve desired results
We offer a comprehensive benefits package and competitive compensation based on experience and knowledge. HyLife has been recognized as a Platinum Member of Canada’s Best-Managed Companies.
Applicants who are not currently eligible to work in Canada will not be considered for this position.
Employment Type: Full Time
Location: La Broquerie, MB, CA
Posted on: 2018-04-04