OverviewHusky Energy Summer Student Business Development & Optimization Temporary in Prince George, BC
Branch Prince George BC CA
Summer Student Business Development & Optimization
Prince George, BC
Gain valuable exposure in the Oil and Gas industry. Combine this with a range of learning and development tools and an inclusive work environment, and you are…
Summer Student, Business Development & Optimization – 14760
Position: Summer Student, Business Development & Optimization
Location: Prince George, BC
Start Date: May 2017
Length of Term: 4 months
Business Unit: Prince George Refinery
Application Deadline: December 31, 2016 or once the position has been filled
- Conduct Refinery feedstock and product sampling as per standard Husky Laboratory procedures
- Analysis data entry into the Laboratory Information Management System (LIMS)
- Assist in the development and continuous improvement of standard Husky Laboratory Procedures
- As directed, obtain selected Refinery Samples within the plant for laboratory analysis
Who we’re looking for:
- 2nd year minimum returning student in a 2+ year University or College Chemistry, Biology, or Bio-Chemistry Program
- Chemistry Laboratory work within an University or College Program is an asset
- Previous work within an industrial setting is an asset
- Basic laboratory analytical skills is required
- Experience with a range of software programs is required
- Basic mechanical skills associated with laboratory sampling and analysis is required
Benefits of a Husky Summer Student Position:
- Opportunities to:
- take part in impactful business projects
- network with experienced professionals
- engage in a strong student network
- gain valuable exposure in the Oil and Gas industry
- Relocation assistance
- Competitive wages
Please submit a resume and transcript with application.
Please note: Applications without recent transcripts will not be considered.
This is a safety sensitive role and as such you will also be required to wear all Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) during required work hours. Furthermore, you will also be required to pass the Husky pre-employment medical and drug/alcohol assessment requirements.
This position requires the incumbent to operate a vehicle for which a valid Class 5 driver’s license is required as a minimum. For Alberta residents, this requires the successful completion of an Advanced Road Test under the Graduated Licensing Program. If you are selected for an interview you will be required to submit a copy of a recent driver’s abstract. The final candidate(s) will be required to provide a recent original driver’s abstract for a 5 year period, 30 days prior to starting work with Husky, for review by our Health and Safety group.
Students moving for their work term may be eligible to receive a lump sum payment to assist with relocation expenses.
Candidates must have their own means of transportation as there is no public transportation in field locations.
New graduates are not eligible for student opportunities.
Please note that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Husky Energy is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to a diverse workforce and a respectful work environment. We value diversity of expertise, talent and opinion which is leveraged for an innovative and productive work environment. We are focused on attracting and retaining the best talent by encouraging applications from all qualified individuals including visible minorities, Aboriginal people, women and people with disability.
One of Husky’s advantages is that we are an integrated oil and gas company. From exploration to development, production, refining and marketing, we’ve got it all! Combine this with a range of learning and development tools and an inclusive work environment, and you are well-positioned for a successful career at Husky.
We have training, mentoring and career development programs and resources to help you develop both personally and professionally – as an employee or a leader. We offer many internal leadership and business skills courses along with tuition reimbursement programs for qualified employees. Every year, a significant number of our employees are able to take on new roles within the company thanks to our strong focus on hands-on learning and development.
Primary Location CA-BC-Prince George
Job Posting Sep 23, 2016, 5:56:01 PM
Unposting Date Jan 1, 2017, 2:59:00 AM
Employment Type: Temporary
Location: Prince George, BC, CA
Posted on: 2016-09-27