OverviewHumber River Regional Hospital Switchboard Operator Part Time in Toronto, ON
Humber River Regional Hospital
Branch Toronto ON CA
Assist with orientation and training of new telecommunication staff. Right now we’re looking for Switchboard Operator to work in our Telecommunications…
Build your career at the hospital that’s building for the future
Humber River Hospital is committed to revolutionizing patient care for our diverse community. With the opening of our new facility, North America’s first fully digital hospital,on October 18, 2015, the future is very exciting for our people and programs. And we’re looking for exceptional individuals to join our great team: people who share our passion to deliver excellent, patient-focused, expert care. The Hospital is formally affiliated with both the University of Toronto and Queen’s University.
Right now we’re looking for Switchboard Operator to work in our Telecommunications Department.
- Process very high volume of incoming and outgoing calls including assistance with patient inquiry quickly and as efficiently as possible.
- Process and assist on outgoing calls and page all support staff and /or Physicians as required.
- Locate physicians and on-call staff for multiple departments and ensure on-call staff is contacted as quickly and as efficiently as possible within individual program protocol.
- Respond and react to all codes and other alarm situations according to established protocols accurately and without hesitation. Central sign in/out area for certain hospital keys, spare/repair pagers and variety of access telephones
- Provide batteries for Physicians, and signing out of spare pagers.
- Assist with orientation and training of new telecommunication staff.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills required
- A positive attendance record required
- Previous experience on Avaya phone system and console in a health care / hospital environment
- Demonstrated customer service and telephone skills required, one year experience preferred.
- High school graduate or equivalent.
- Good organizational and problem solving skills required, including the ability to multi-task and prioritize a varied and busy workload with frequent interruptions and emergency situations.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision in a team environment.
- Knowledgeable and compliant of new privacy legislation.
- Knowledge of a second language an asset.
- Good keyboarding skills, with minimum typing speed of 40 WPM. Computer proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite.
- Knowledge of PETALMD software.
- Meditech experience an asset.
Applicants may be required to successfully complete full administrative testing, to include typing speed and MS Office.
Hours of work: Available to work all rotating shifts(Days, Evenings, Nights & Weekends)
We thank all candidates that apply but only qualified candidates will be contacted for an interview
Humber River Hospital is an equal opportunity employer and we will accommodate your needs under the Ontario Human Rights Code. Upon individual request, hiring processes will be modified to remove barriers to accommodate those with disabilities. Should any applicant require accommodation through the application, interview or selection processes, please contact the Human Resources Department for assistance.
Employment Type: Part Time
Location: Toronto, ON, CA
Posted on: 2016-09-21