OverviewHudson’s Bay Building Operator – Vancouver & Area Full Time in British Columbia
Branch BC CA
Building Operator – Vancouver & Area
Ensure the safety of the buildings, staff and public from fire, flood and other hazards by ensuring that all mandated tests and inspections are carried out….
Hudson’s Bay Company is one of the fastest-growing department store retailers in the world. In North America, HBC’s leading banners include Hudson’s Bay, Lord & Taylor, Saks Fifth Avenue, Gilt, Saks OFF 5TH, Find @ Lord & Taylor, and Home Outfitters. In Europe, HBC’s banners include GALERIA Kaufhof (the largest department store group in Germany), Galeria INNO (Belgium’s only department store group), and SportArena. At HBC we are a company of adventurers who explore uncharted territory, challenge convention, and work with imagination and fun.
The “Building Operator reports to the Facility Manager and is responsible for the operation and maintenance functions within designated facilities. Performing a wide variety of maintenance, repair, minor alterations and service functions, operates and maintains designated buildings and related equipment in a manner which produces safe, healthy, and clean building environments that satisfies customer needs and ensures building operating efficiency. The expectations of this role are to handle major emergencies and deal with events effectively with limited support and supervision from the local supervisor. The goals of this role are to maximize predictive and preventative maintenance activities that will decrease the need for emergency and corrective maintenance, reduce overall maintenance costs, and increase the reliability and appearance of buildings and their associated systems.
Role Responsibilities include:
Manage the building maintenance operations for the assigned area, and ensure proper operation and maintenance of systems, equipment and buildings. Perform routine equipment maintenance tasks and keep maintenance records. Ensure the safety of the buildings, staff and public from fire, flood and other hazards by ensuring that all mandated tests and inspections are carried out. Respond to emergencies; oversee any work performed by outside forces, whether it is portion of scheduled maintenance that is outsourced or major/minor repairs.
Role responsibilities include:
Qualifications Personal Characteristics
The successful candidate should be a respected and proven thought leader in the operation, and maintenance of building facilities, with a quantifiable track record of success in delivering results within a large complex organization. He/she must have strong executive presence, business acumen, and the ability to quickly assess a new environment and develop solutions that support the business strategy, critical objectives, and cultural norms. He/she must be creative with a strategic mindset along with the ability to turn concepts into action. He/she must have strong relationship building and influence skills. This role requires a player/coach mentality, capable of thinking strategically as well as rolling up one’s sleeves and getting into the work. The successful candidate will be a change agent who is flexible, resilient, and able to thrive in a dynamic, rapid paced environment. He/she will embody a culture of taking smart risks and innovating to win.
- 2 -5 years Building Oper ation experience
- Pass required security check
- Must be mechanically inclined
- Independent worker / self-starter
- PC literate and demonstrated ability with Microsoft Office
- Demonstrated work ethic
- The position is achievement oriented and requires resourcefulness to meet service delivery goals
- This position requires “handyman” aptitude (i.e., minor building envelope and systems repairs, ceramic and flooring repairs).
- Applicants should have 2-5 years’ experience in a retail environment and have exposure to
- High level of knowledge of building operation, structure, engineering system, architectural features, equipment function, building codes and regulations for public buildings.
- Advanced knowledge of generally accepted facilities management principles and practice.
- Ability to manage multiple activities/projects simultaneously, work independently, assess priorities to meet deadlines with attention to detail.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills to liaise with internal customers, team members, and external contacts.
- Excellent communication skills in written comments and correspondence to promote respectful and collaborative team environment.
High School diploma or equivalent
May have to travel to other HBC stores
Employment Type: Full Time
Location: , BC, CA
Posted on: 2016-09-22