OverviewHuawei Canada IT Support Engineer Temporary in Montréal, QC
Branch Montréal QC CA
IT Support Engineer
Provide independent support of computer hardware and peripherals, PC troubleshooting and repairs, and manage software for clients….
The Quality and Operations department is a diverse team that manages all the R&D facilities in Canada. We offer a broad spectrum of services to our internal clients including: Real Estate Management (procurement, leasing and decoration), Office Space Operations and Security Management (facilities management), Fixed Assets Management, Travel Management and Employee Targeted Logistic Services including catering, accommodation and vehicles management.
The IT engineer will be responsible for the following:
- Provide independent support of computer hardware and peripherals, PC troubleshooting and repairs, and manage software for clients.
- Provide first tier support to troubleshoot hardware, software, phone, connectivity, application issues and provide daily operations support as needed.
- Provide second-level support to the Help Desk for complex PC issues.
- Support data and communication networks, including wiring and related software/hardware upgrades, modifications, replacements and troubleshooting in coordination with corporate IT.
- Develop guidelines and provide effective planning, communication and training for mining personnel as needed.
- Delegate responsibilities to appropriate team members and provide status to supervisors and clients.
- Bachelor’s Degree in IT or a related field
- A minimum of two years of experience in a hands-on desktop or user support role, working in a corporate environment with personal computers, laptops, control and file servers
- Experience in building, loading and supporting LINUX systems
- Technical skills including hardware and software installation, configuration, troubleshooting and support
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills for consulting with users
- Knowledge of current technologies, tools, applications, and vendors
- Fluent in English and French
We thank all applicants for their interest in career opportunities with Huawei. Only selected candidates will be contacted for an interview
Employment Type: Temporary
Location: Montreal, QC, CA
Posted on: 2017-11-04