OverviewHSSBC/BCCSS Telecommunications Assistant Temporary in Burnaby, BC
Branch Burnaby BC CA
Monitors stock levels of telecommunications equipment such as pagers, cell phones, calling cards, headsets and telephones and advises supervisor on reorders…
Number of Positions Open
Start Date of Employment
Within the context of a shared services initiative between Vancouver Coastal Health (VCH) and Providence Health Care (PHC), the Telecommunications Assistant coordinates administrative activities for the Voice Services area and performs routine telecommunications troubleshooting. Responsibilities include processing and scheduling work orders, dispatching orders, processing telecommunications billings, maintaining electronic telecommunication record systems, and preparing related reports.
1. Receives, reviews and screens telecommunications requests regarding moves/adds/changes from user departments, confirms requirements, and recommends solutions according to established procedures. Performs routine troubleshooting and takes corrective action such as making basic telephone programming and voice mail changes and pre-assigning phone locals and features, according to established procedures. Dispatches trouble calls to technicians as appropriate. Records trouble calls, writes up trouble tickets and maintains related records and statistics. Provides information and instructions to users for telephones, voicemail, pagers, calling cards, cell phones, conference calling, and other telecommunications devices/services.
2. Coordinates pagers and cell phones through methods such as performing on-site maintenance exchanges, assigning new units as required, reporting status and activity to management and interfacing with vendor to activate units and/or resolve problems. Maintains up-to-date pager & cell phone databases.
3. Contacts external vendors to obtain specific information such as prices of new telecommunications equipment or repair quotes, completes documentation such as purchase or repair orders and forwards to the supervisor for final approval.
4. Contacts external vendors and stakeholders across VCH to follow-up on discrepancies such as quotes for repairs and telecommunications charges and types up invoice adjustment and credit note, forwards for final approval and processing.
5. Verifies accuracy of invoices received by matching documentation such as long distance charges with the data records, contacts appropriate sources or personnel to clarify amounts and organizes invoice adjustments and credit notes, and forwards for payment.
6. Performs billing by methods such as receiving billings for VCH sites, coding billings and forwarding for approval as appropriate, forwarding to Finance and coordinating and following up on any billing changes. Prepares billing reports using telecommunications software, creates and updates related spreadsheets and reports and sends reports to Finance for charge back.
7. Monitors stock levels of telecommunications equipment such as pagers, cell phones, calling cards, headsets and telephones and advises supervisor on reorders required.
8. Prepares a variety of reports such as repair status reports, mobile device and other equipment inventory levels, and expected dates of delivery of new or repaired equipment by selecting information from computer systems.
9. Coordinates directory advertising for physicians, departments and sites to meet publishing deadlines.
10. Prepares technical and non-technical material such as spreadsheets on workload activity for department.
11. Maintains timekeeping records for team members by methods such as receiving approved daily timesheets, checking Payroll verification reports and informing timekeeper or payroll of any discrepancies. Follows up on employee enquiries, tabulates vendor billable time and verifies with vendor technicians.
12. Performs a variety of clerical duties such as setting up and maintaining departmental files, answering the telephones and maintaining and updating operational and procedural documentation and policies.
13. Performs other related duties as assigned.
Education & Experience
Grade 12, graduation from a recognized Telecommunications Management Certificate program and three (3) years’ recent related experience or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
Knowledge & Abilities
Ability to type 40 wpm.
Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
Ability to deal with others effectively.
Physical ability to carry out the duties of the position.
Ability to organize work.
Ability to operate related equipment.
Employment Type: Temporary
Location: Burnaby, BC, CA
Posted on: 2018-02-11