OverviewHSBC Intern, Global Software Delivery – Incident & IT Helpdesk (GBM) Internship in Toronto, ON
Branch Toronto ON CA
Intern, Global Software Delivery – Incident & IT Helpdesk (GBM)
IT Infrastructure Library (ITIL) Best Practices Training. Provide request fulfillment and business IT support for users….
Employment Type: Fixed Term
This position will operate as support to the Service Desk & Incident Analyst for Treats Global Support Team. The role executes and performs administrative and analysis tasks that are varied in nature and which may include:
- Receive & Prioritize incident and request from both business users and data center operations
- Provide level 1 support on incident diagnosis and resolution
- Provide request fulfillment and business IT support for users
- Prepare Daily/Weekly/Monthly Service Report
Impact on the Business
- Assist in collating, organizing and analyzing project-related data and information to identify gaps, inconsistencies and trend
- Assist in execution of project-related tasks
- Assist in preparation of management presentations, status updates, reports, meeting minutes
- Support portfolio management activities and planning processes
Customers / Stakeholders
- Work with RBWM Business Solutions team, Business Performance team and other RBWM teams such as Customer Value Management.
Operational Effectiveness & Control
- Assist in documenting and communicating the progress against plan, determining recommended actions as required to business unit Heads
- Provide data to review and monitor business performance against plan and resources alignment
- Ensures professional standards of business conduct, consistent with HSBC’s reputation
- Decision making on non-complex projects or tasks, or within assigned authority.
- Complete a variety of administrative support duties, often of a confidential nature, unique to assigned area, including researching information and data, maintaining records and filing system and developing and producing reports and presentations.
- Produce letters, reports, memoranda, forms, schedules, etc. utilizing various PC-based software packages or other typing equipment, composing items from general outlines or own initiative
- Complete other responsibilities, as assigned.
- Introduction to Treats Application
- Introduction to ITIL V3 Practices and HSBC IT Service Management Process
- Use of MS Excel and Access as productivity tools for incident tracking, trending analysis and Service Report
- IT Service desk Operation for Treats Global Production Team
Management of Risk
- Ensure compliance, operational risk controls in accordance with HSBC or regulatory standards and policies; and optimize relations with regulators by addressing any issues.
- Adhere to compliance, operational risk controls in accordance with HSBC or regulatory standards and policies
Observation of Internal Controls
- Maintains HSBC internal control standards, including timely implementation of internal and external audit points together with any issues raised by external regulators.
- Available to work maximum 12-14 week
- Applicants have finished their 2nd or 3rd year of a BA degree or 1st year MBA
- Overall minimum GPA of 3.0
- Eligible to work in Canada
- Well-developed communication skills
- Passion to share your opinions and ask relevant questions
- Strong leadership capabilities
- Active in the community or university environment
- Ability to collate data; Strong command of software programs (Excel and Powerpoint)
- IT Infrastructure Library (ITIL) Best Practices Training
Employment Type: Internship
Location: Toronto, ON, CA
Posted on: 2015-03-23