HR Project Partners Reliability Engineer – 2 positions – Labrador City, NL Contract in Fort McMurray, AB
HR Project Partners
Branch Fort McMurray AB CA
Reliability Engineer – 2 positions – Labrador City, NL
Fort McMurray, AB
Bachelor of Mechanical Engineering; Vibration analysis, oil analysis and thermography). Identification and coordination of engineering inspection programmes to…
HR Project Partners Inc. (HRPP) is a Human Resources consulting company offering various services in Human Resources, both to individuals and to companies. One of those services is recruitment for companies on a provincial and national basis.
HR Project Partners is currently accepting resumes for a Reliability Engineer ( 2 positions) on behalf of one of our Clients. The ideal applicant would have problem solving and risk management skills.
This position is located in Labrador City, NL. Position duration is 3 months with the possibility of an extension.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Find, investigate and gather information such as data, facts and figures, and then providing business recommendations, developing maintenance tactics, and/or modifying plant/equipment to increase availability, reduce maintenance costs and optimize business risks against asset performance;
Asset Strategy Development and Management:
- Work with the long term planner, project teams, maintenance engineers, operational teams, supply and equipment designers using reliability centred maintenance principles to develop and package maintenance tactics into efficient whole-of-life maintenance plans;
- Work with the long term planner and supply to estimate component lives and develop optimal spares strategies;
- Trend equipment life performance with long term planners and maintenance engineers using reliability analytics to optimise maintenance tactics; and
- Maintain the relationship between SAP maintenance plans and the strategy master set stored in the tactics database.
- Support the site maintenance engineers in performing monthly reviews of production loss events, condition monitoring data, and maintenance history attributable to asset reliability or performance, and identify areas for reliability improvement;
- Review the outcomes of the monthly defect elimination meetings and ensure work is coordinated across the business to eliminate unnecessary duplication of effort, drive collaboration between sites (such as establishing communities of practice), and ensure site level improvements are delivered business wide where applicable; and
- Ensure the outcomes of reliability improvement work is measured, verified and sustained to ensure that meaningful long-term progress is made to reduce costs and increase asset performance.
Condition Monitoring and Asset Integrity:
- Monitor the efficiency and effectiveness of asset condition monitoring programmes (oil analysis, vibration analysis, etc) rectifying and escalating issues as they develop and contract performance;
- Support the strategic modernisation and optimisation of condition monitoring methods to meet actual production demands / operational loads; and
- Identification and coordination of engineering inspection programmes to ensure the integrity of structure, mechanical and electrical/control systems.
Asset Systems, Specifications and Standards:
- Ensure that asset specifications and standards are updated to reflect “best practice” with improvements identified through defect elimination, asset integrity reviews, root cause analysis, reliability improvement and whole-of-life cost optimisation;
- Regularly review the preferred equipment lists to ensure that they remain current, reflect the best trade-off between technology exploitation and equipment standardisation; and
- In conjunction with the master data specialists ensure the configuration and structures of any external party information systems (APM, ALS webretreive, MHM, OilView, etc) align with SAP master data so that information can be quickly integrated for analysis.
- Use approved change management processes to improve procurement specifications, asset tactics and strategies, maintenance practices, and management systems; and
- Support site maintenance and production teams develop knowledge on reliability and increase understanding of asset and operating issues through them.
Qualifications and Skills
- Bachelor of Mechanical Engineering;
- 7 or more years of experience in an operations, maintenance, engineering or reliability role within a mining or industrial environment;
- 3 or more years of experience with SAP;
- Demonstrated competency and experience applying reliability centered maintenance processes and practices to asset strategy development;
- Possess strong written and verbal communication skills;
- Strong problem-solving skills and the ability to forecast, analyze and work under pressure;
- Strong organizational and planning skills with the ability to manage multiple priorities; and
- Proficient in the use of MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, Powerpoint).
- Metalliferous Processing Plant or Heavy Mobile Equipment (maintenance) experience;
- Postgraduate qualifications in Reliability, Maintenance and/or Project Management;
- Condition Monitoring Qualifications (i.e. vibration analysis, oil analysis and thermography)
- Maintenance Planning and Scheduling training and/or experience;
- Apollo Root Cause Analysis training; and
- Experience with Meridium/HE APM, Emerson MHM Systems.
While HR Project Partners appreciates all applications we receive, we advise that only candidates under consideration will be contacted.
Job Type: Contract