OverviewHouse of Friendship Christmas Bureau Coordinator Contract in Kitchener, ON
House of Friendship
Branch Kitchener ON CA
Christmas Bureau Coordinator
Experience working within a non?profit and/or social services environment preferred. Matt Cooper, Program Coordinator, Emergency Food Hamper Program by email at…
Employer: House of Friendship Type: Full-Time Term (Duration): Contract Description: POSITION: Christmas Bureau Coordinator (Full-time, contract)
PROGRAM: Christmas Hampers
The Kitchener Waterloo Christmas Bureau is a program that organizes the cooperation of local organizations to provide to those in need at Christmas The purpose of the KW Christmas Bureau is to coordinate the efforts of individuals and organizations that provide food and toys to those in need while helping community resources reach as many people as possible.
The KW Christmas Bureau Coordinator is responsible for the operation of the annual KW Christmas Bureau; coordinating staff and volunteers, ensuring that the KW Christmas Bureau Office accurately processes thousands of applications from clients and assigns the clients to sponsors in a timely manner.
1. Provide direction and support to Christmas Bureau staff and volunteers including scheduling and training
2. Data Management – responsible for ensuring that data is collected, entered and maintained accurately and efficiently
3. Administrative Functions including, reporting, ordering supplies and responding in a very timely manner to inquiries from staff, clients, sponsors and the public.
4. Liaise with sponsors and participating organizations
1. Strong administrative skills including demonstrated proficiency in MS Office. Knowledge of Link2Feed would be considered an asset.
2. Superior customer service, organization, problem solving and communication skills with the ability to communicate with people at various levels, such as clients, agencies and sponsors.
3. Experience and a strong interest in working with diverse populations from various cultural ackgrounds and income levels, and sensitivity to their needs.
4. Previous experience coordinating or managing volunteers would be an asset
5. Attention to detail and accuracy is essential
6. Demonstrated professionalism with the ability to work independently
7. Ability to function in a fast paced multi?tasking environment
8. Knowledge of the Kitchener?Waterloo community resources and geographic area would be an asset
9. Ability to maintain confidentiality regarding sensitive client and organizational issues
10. Experience working within a non?profit and/or social services environment preferred
11. Commitment to understand and uphold the mission and values of House of Friendship is expected
HOURS OF WORK AND WORKING CONDITIONS:
# Contract position – October to January
# 37.5 hours per week scheduled Monday to Friday. Occasional weekend or evening work may apply.
Date Posted: Tue, Sep 20 2016 Job Location: Kitchener Wage: How to Apply: PLEASE SUBMIT COVER LETTER AND RESUME TO:
Matt Cooper, Program Coordinator, Emergency Food Hamper Program by email at:
APPLICATION CLOSING DATE: September 28, 2016
POSITION START DATE: ASAP
We thank all applicants. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted
Deadline: Wed, Sep 28 2016
Employment Type: Freelance
Location: Kitchener, ON, CA
Posted on: 2016-09-21