OverviewHorizon Health Occupational Therapist (Temporary Full Time), EMP Woodstock Temporary in Woodstock, NB
Branch Woodstock NB CA
Occupational Therapist (Temporary Full Time), EMP Woodstock
Horizon Health Network is an equal opportunity employer. Competition #: 2017-29125 External Bargaining unit: SHCP Zone: Upper River Valley Department: EMP…
Horizon Health Network is an equal opportunity employer.
Competition #: 2017-29125 External
Bargaining unit: SHCP
Zone: Upper River Valley
Department: EMP Woodstock
Facility: Extra Mural – Woodstock
Posting type: Temporary Full Time
Job title: Occupational Therapist
Classification: Occupational Therapist 1 (OT01)
Language: English Essential
Hours of work: Rotating Days, Evenings, TEMP: January 29, 2018 to February 1, 2019. Subject to change due to operational requirements.
Salary: $32.2097 to $38.4230 per hour (Subject to employment status)
As a member of the interdisciplinary EMP team, the Occupational Therapist is responsible for providing assessment, consultation and clinical services to enable individuals to engage in occupations of life.
- A University degree in a related field. Must be registered and a member in good standing with the New Brunswick Association of Occupational Therapists and eligible for membership in the Canadian Association of Occupational Therapists.
- A requirement for the use of the EMP fleet vehicles is the possession and maintenance of a valid driver’s license and proof of an excellent driving record
- Current BLS certification or willingness to obtain within 6 months
- Language competencies
- Extensive travel throughout the LRV and URV may be required for patient care
- Ability to attend work on a regular basis.
- Ability to perform the duties of the position.
- Good work record.
- Written and spoken competence in English required
The Occupational Therapist is responsible for:
- Assessing, planning, and providing therapy to individuals and groups
- Maintaining clinical records and documentation
- Providing guidance and support to therapy assistants and other health care providers
- Participating in interdisciplinary care planning
- Preparing and presenting information and education sessions
- Providing mentoring and support for students
- Participating in developing, maintaining and evaluating policies and procedures
- Participating on committees as needed
- Participating in developing and sharing information related to clinical skill sets, best practices and clinical guidelines.
- Extensive travel throughout the LRV and URV may be required for patient care.
Professional Competencies identified by the Canadian Association of Occupational Therapists:
- Assumes Professional Responsibility
- Demonstrates Practice Knowledge
- Utilizes a Practice Process
- Thinks Critically
- Communicates Effectively
- Engages in Professional Development
- Manages the Practice Environment
Competencies identified by Horizon Health Network:
- Analytical Thinking
- Mentoring & Coaching
- Patient/Client Focus
- Planning and Prioritizing Work
- Problem Solving
- Teamwork and Collaboration
Applications for this position must be submitted on-line by November 8, 2017.
Note: There will be no further postings for this position should there be no fully qualified applicants. If you wish to be considered for this position and have most of the qualifications as posted and the registration or licensure where required, you are encouraged to apply at this time
Please quote Competition # 2017-29125-External. Horizon Health Network appreciates expressed interest, however, only candidates considered for an interview will be contacted. Human Resources Department, Horizon Health Network.
Employment Type: Temporary
Location: Woodstock, NB, CA
Posted on: 2017-10-30