OverviewHorizon Health Nurse Manager (Permanent Full Time), Surgery/Ambulatory Care Full Time in Sussex, NB
Branch Sussex NB CA
Nurse Manager (Permanent Full Time), Surgery/Ambulatory Care
Resource and Operations Management:. For the management of staff, financial resources, equipment and supplies;…
** REPOST **
Horizon Health Network is an equal opportunity employer.
Competition #: 2017-28748a External
Bargaining Unit: NBNU
Zone: Saint John
Department: Surgery/Ambulatory Care
Facility: Sussex Health Centre
Posting Type: Permanent Full Time
Job Title: Nurse Manager
Classification: Registered Nurse Class Manager (RNCMA)
Language: English Essential
Hours of Work: Day, Subject to change due to operational requirements
Salary: $37.19 to $45.26 per hour
This is advanced professional nursing work in planning, organizing, directing / implementing and evaluating a program / staff and or nursing service within an assigned area.
Work involves responsibility for providing lead direction in a clinic / health centre or on an assigned unit / area; for the management of staff, financial resources, equipment and supplies; development, coordination and implementation of health care services.
Work is performed with independence and initiative within the scope of professional nursing practice guidelines.
- Minimum of a Baccalaureate degree in Nursing
- Current active membership with NANB or other Provincial regulatory body with willingness to obtain NANB license if successful
- Minimum of 3 years’ Operating Room experience
- Excellent attendance record
- Demonstrates team philosophy and values
- Highly developed interpersonal skills
- Demonstrates management competencies – leadership, managing resources, superior communication skills, sound judgment, and decision making
- Analytical, systems oriented. Demonstrates an ability to identify and solve problems, use initiative and sound judgment to reach quality decisions
- Demonstrates clear ability to express self verbally and in written form
- Demonstrates clear ability to produce quality, health business documentation
- Demonstrated ability to deliver top performance in a dynamic, fast-paced work environment
- Committed to continuous professional development
- Ability to attend work on a regular basis.
- Ability to perform the duties of the position.
- Good work record.
- Written and spoken competence in English required
- It is expected that the Manager utilizes a high level of prioritization and time management skills, while performing a broad range of the listed Horizon Health Network core management competencies during daily work. Work responsibilities may change as necessary to achieve the strategic goals of Horizon Health Network.
- The areas of responsibility are the Sussex Health Centre Operating Room, PACU, Day Surgery, MDR and 25 Bed Med/Surg Unit.
- Makes decisions that are “right”, even if they are not popular or are met with resistance
- Ability to cover for senior manager in her/his absence
- Demonstrates ability to take on dual role of Manager and Clinician. Provides clinical leadership ensuring safe clinical practices and exemplary medicine services are provided to patients and clients in accordance with established standards of care
- Understand alignment of departmental planning and objectives with organizational mission
- Ensures understanding of organizational and departmental goals/objectives within the team.
- Leads quality processes and best practice to improve clinical operations. Monitors team progress towards objective
- Assures understanding of the organizational values within the group
- Demonstrates and promotes ethical behavior
- Demonstrates integrity and trustworthiness
- Understands and strives towards meeting service objectives
- Demonstrates high productivity. Ensures accurate collection of utilization, indicator data, communicating trends to the Program team
- Provides motivation for new initiatives /change
- Questions status quo through responsible dialogue
- Demonstrates original and creative thinking
- Demonstrates ability to adjust priorities to meet new demands
- Inspires commitment to a shared vision
- Maintains focus within the team
- Negotiates to best meet the needs of all parties
- Rebounds quickly from problems/unanticipated events/unexpected barriers
- Accepts responsibility & personal accountability for managing activities and ensuring quality of work
- Proactively contributes ideas
Resource and Operations Management:
- Works with Administrative Directors to align planning with strategic directions and identified needs
- Understands the purchasing process and uses appropriately
- Understands and utilizes a patient focussed care approach to delivering services to the public
- Effectively manages employee performance utilizing appropriate processes (coaching, performance review, corrective discipline). Ensures annual certifications as required by employee group are met
- Effectively manages employee attendance
- Manages scheduling, workload, assignments
- Effectively manages workplace occupational health and safety issues
- Operates in a fiscally responsible manner. Monitors expenses and implements cost control measures
- Analyzes financial statements and labour distribution reports. Develops and submits annual budget and capital equipment requirements
- Utilizes available information technologies to their full potential
- Maintains knowledge of and follows collective agreements, grievance process
- Maintains knowledge of and follows industry and professional standards
- Solicits and reports patient/customer feedback
- Responds to patient/customer concerns
- Leads the recruitment, selection, hiring and orientation of new staff in consultation with the Administrative Director and the Human Resources Department
Stewardship – stewardship is a trust. The Manager is called to exercise responsible care over resources entrusted to him/her (financial, material, human)
Applications for this position must be submitted on-line by November 8, 2017.
Note: There will be no further postings for this position should there be no fully qualified applicants. If you wish to be considered for this position and have most of the qualifications as posted and the registration or licensure where required, you are encouraged to apply at this time
Please quote Competition # 2017-28748a-External. Horizon Health Network appreciates expressed interest, however, only candidates considered for an interview will be contacted. Human Resources Department, Horizon Health Network.
Employment Type: Full Time
Location: Sussex, NB, CA
Posted on: 2017-10-30