OverviewHonda Engineering Analyst (1 year contract) Contract in Markham, ON
Branch Markham ON CA
Engineering Analyst (1 year contract)
Previous work experience in quality control desirable Professional Engineering (P. POSITION PROFILE AND QUALIFICATIONS Electrical, Automotive or Mechanical…
SCOPE OF POSITION:
Honda Canada is looking for an Electrical Engineer or Automotive/Mechanical engineer with strong capability in diagnosis of both software and hardware faults in automotive systems . The role requires a self-starting individual who can identify and investigate issues independently and clearly communicate to resolve them at a variety of levels – with research and development or factory engineers, with automotive technicians and with non-technical Honda staff.
PRINCIPAL FUNCTIONAL RESPONSIBILITIES
- collecting all pertinent data from the field, e.g. field reports, damaged parts inspections, warranty claims, etc,
– performing additional investigation and problem analysis as required including on-vehicle troubleshooting
– detailed data analysis of failure trends, determining specific factors that may influence observed failures
- responding to inquiries from zones, dealers and outside agencies
– offering advice to Sales, Training, Customer Relations and other internal departments when appropriate
POSITION PROFILE AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Electrical, Automotive or Mechanical Engineering degree, or equivalent professional experience
- Excellent mechanical aptitude with strong Interest in automotive diagnostics, testing and servicing
- Demonstrated data analysis capability to summarize and present technical issues using MS Office applications (MS Excel, Access, Powerpoint etc.)
- Strong written and oral ability in the English language, preferably with 2 or more years work experience involving technical report writing.
- Previous work experience in quality control desirable
- Professional Engineering (P. Eng.) designation or eligibility preferred
- Valid driver’s license
Honda Canada Inc. is committed to providing accommodation in its recruitment processes to applicants with disabilities, upon request. The accommodation provided will take into account the applicant’s accessibility needs. If you require accommodation at any time during the recruitment process or in order to successfully submit your application, please email Human Resources at [email protected] or call (905) 888-8110.
Employment Type: Freelance
Location: Markham, ON, CA
Posted on: 2016-06-03