OverviewHome Support Aide in Manning, AB
Alberta Health Services
Branch Manning AB CA
Home Support Aide
Home Care interdisciplinary team, the Personal Care… care and assisting with activities of daily living within the clients authorized plan of care. Clients and…
Within the Home Care interdisciplinary team, the Personal Care Aide is responsible for providing personal care and assisting with activities of daily living within the clients authorized plan of care. Clients and their families are assisted to maximize their optimum level of independence.
Please note this position is located at Manning Community Health Centre in Northern Alberta, 3 hours north of Grande Prairie.
In addition to a competitive rate of pay, AHS currently has a Remote Retention Allowance in place to an annual maximum of $3,000. This allowance is non-pensionable and is payable on an hourly basis for all hours paid at the basic rate of pay.
– Must be a graduate from a provincially recognized education program for Health Care Aides; OR Must successfully complete a provincially recognized educational program for Health Care Aides within 18 months of starting employment;
– Successful completion of CPR and BCLS level C;
– Successful completion of other training programs as specified by the program;
– Current certification in the Medication Administration Program (MAP) preferred;
– Previous Personal Care Aide experience an asset;
– Related experience working with elderly or physically challenged individuals an asset;
– Must have a valid driver’s license;
– Must have a reliable vehicle;
– Must have an acceptable drivers abstract;
– Must have proof of business insurance coverage;
– Maintain confidentiality;
– Work effectively as part of a team;
– Understand and follow established policies and procedures;
– Relate to clients and families in a caring manner with respect and dignity;
– Safely accomplish the physical and emotional demands of the provision of client care;
– Communicate effectively;
– Work under limited supervision.
Employment Type: Part Time
Location: Manning, AB, CA
Posted on: 2014-09-13