OverviewHome Depot Merchandise Associate (Weekday Mornings) Temporary in Coquitlam, BC
Branch Coquitlam BC CA
Merchandise Associate (Weekday Mornings)
Possesses a valid driver’s license. Straighten, clean and merchandise product to planogram and ensure merchandise is presented in a visually appealing manner…
Merchandising Execution Associates (MEAs) merchandise and maintain various product sets in The Home Depot retail environment to enhance the customer experience, increase sales and maximize inventory turns. MEAs execute merchandising strategies and ensure product is displayed correctly. MEAs work individually with moderate supervision but must be capable of executing directives from Merchandising Execution Area Supervisors (MEASs) and Merchandising Execution Managers (MEMs), maintain strong relationships with store Associates, assisting customers and working as a team. Merchandise Execution Associates will be responsible to ensure that the bay meets all merchandising standards; which will include daily Price changes/Labeling activities, On Hand Maintenance and central generated PIDs.
Major Tasks, Responsibilities and Key Accountabilities
- Maintain product sets in accordance with Merchandising direction, which includes but is not limited to: Ensure set compliance with planogram; Straighten, clean and merchandise product to planogram and ensure merchandise is presented in a visually appealing manner Maintain copy of most recent planogram inside upright beam adjacent to product set; Perform pack down on low stock and out of stock products utilizing store lift equipment; Build displays and maintain display material; Maintain, order, and install Point Of Purchase material/signage; Replace damaged or missing price labels; Maintain aisle cleanliness and shop ability so that merchandise is accessible and customers are able to move throughout the aisles easily; Partner with store leadership to markdown all damaged or un sellable merchandise;
- Execute one off projects as required by store, district, and regional leadership.
- Utilize store systems to access key merchandising reports. Read, interpret, and execute action based on findings.
- Partner with store representative to conduct inspections of returned and damaged items for Return to Vendor.
- Ensuring price change execution and store price integrity
- Utilize mobile work station to print labels accurately and efficiently
- Conducting Bay sequencing on every sixth visit
- Conduct centrally generated PIDs
Preferred Qualifications / Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Experience working in retail merchandising service industry or working directly for large scale retailer.
- Basic computer skills with knowledge of web based applications.
- Experience working on teams, with heavy reliance on team to accomplish goals.
- Knowledge of lift equipment, tools and procedures necessary to do job successfully.
- Possesses a valid driver’s license
- Drives Execution & Self Motivated: Demonstrates the ability to deliver results without close supervision despite a large workload, competing demands, and fast paced environment. Ensures tasks are completed on time, without error, and meet quality standards.
- Communication: Displays a high level of responsiveness to customers, store level associates, and district/regional leadership.
- Customer Driven: Provides outstanding customer service to both internal and external customers.
- Follows through on responsibilities to customers.
- Safety Orientation: Follows safety policies and procedures. Identifies and corrects safety hazards.
- Attention to Detail: Stays attentive and aware, catches errors before completing assignments, and maintains high quality standard for work.
- Promotes Teamwork: Maintains positive working relationships with co-workers and effectively handles
- The knowledge, skills and abilities typically acquired through the completion of a high school diploma and/or GED .
- Years of Relevant Work Experience – 1 year
Employment Type: Temporary
Location: Coquitlam, BC, CA
Posted on: 2015-09-23