OverviewHome Depot Assistant Dispatcher Contract Contract in Toronto, ON
Branch Toronto ON CA
Assistant Dispatcher Contract
Fair PC skills including Microsoft outlook, excel and word. Previous work in transportation office as dispatcher or asst….
This position is responsible for ensuring that dedicated fleet and carrier are properly assigned, routed and tracked. Monitor, adjust and achieve the daily/shift delivery schedule and accountable for overall transportation productivity for assigned lanes/fleet. Identifies resolves and communicates the resolution of inbound and outbound transportation operational issues within a given shift/day.
Major Tasks, Responsibilities and Key Accountabilities:
- Work with and direct the shift Customer Service Representatives, DC Assistant Manager, Asset Protection, Carrier Dispatchers/CSR and clerks to achieve and account for the shift plan for transportation.
- Ensure that the load documents are correct prior to departure and with the driver.
- Record all in and out times of vehicles/drivers and record availability status of vehicles.
- Prioritize, expedite and approved rush merchandise.
- Track and trace shift activity and on-time pickups and deliveries
- Review and approve fleet and carrier invoicing and expenses
- Executes policy and process regarding productivity, safety and service level
- Accountable for the accuracy of daily volume and productivity recap
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Competencies:
- Previous work in transportation office as dispatcher or asst. dispatcher
- Previous work in retail environment in logistics, store fulfillment or supply chain associate
- Be able to work shift schedule which may include weekends, evenings, holidays, and overtime on occasion.
- Successfully complete any required training or orientation programs
- Take-charge nature, prioritization skills and decisiveness
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Fair PC skills including Microsoft outlook, excel and word
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Good time management skills
- Knowledge of Canadian transportation regulations and licensing (Federal and Provincial)
- High School Graduate (post secondary preferred
- CITT preferred
- 3 Years of relevant work experience
Employment Type: Freelance
Location: Toronto, ON, CA
Posted on: 2015-01-25