OverviewHERSHEY CANADA INC. Temporary Retail Sales Representative, Winnipeg Contract in Winnipeg, MB
HERSHEY CANADA INC.
Branch Winnipeg MB CA
Temporary Retail Sales Representative, Winnipeg
Temporary Retail Sales Representative (14 month contract). 1- 3 years of sales experience with sound knowledge of sales techniques in consumer packaged goods…
Temporary Retail Sales Representative (14 month contract)
About The Hershey Company
The Hershey Company (NYSE: HSY) is the largest producer of quality chocolate in North America and a global leader in chocolate and sugar confectionery. Headquartered in Hershey, Pa., The Hershey Company has operations throughout the world and approximately 15,000 employees. With revenues of $7.1 billion, Hershey offers confectionery products under more than 80 brand names, including such iconic brands as Hershey’s, Reese’s, Hershey’s Kisses, Hershey’s Bliss, Hershey’s Special Dark, Kit Kat, Twizzlers, Jolly Rancher and Ice Breakers. The company is focused on growing its presence in key international markets such as China, Mexico and Brazil while continuing to build its competitive advantage in the United States and Canada.
For more than 100 years, The Hershey Company has been a leader in making a positive difference in the communities where its employees live, work and do business. Corporate Social Responsibility is an integral part of the company’s global business strategy, which includes goals and priorities focused on fair and ethical business dealings, environmental stewardship, fostering a desirable workplace for employees, and positively impacting society and local communities. Milton Hershey School, established in 1909 by the company’s founder and funded by a trust administered by Hershey Trust Company, provides a quality education, housing, and medical care at no cost to children in social and financial need. Students of Milton Hershey School are direct beneficiaries of The Hershey Company’s success.
We have a unique opportunity for you if you thrive working independently, and closing the deal. Duties include increasing volume through effective merchandising, selling and servicing of the assigned retail, corporate and independent stores. This includes ensuring distribution of all listed products, ensuring optimum product appearance and quality, servicing individual stores on a regular basis and building a strong working relationship with store management, booking seasonal/major programs when required. Some administrative work is also required – reporting on all sales call activities, submitting booking programs, maintaining accurate files, attending district and regional meetings.
Skills, Knowledge and Education Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs on a repetitive basis
- 1- 3 years of sales experience with sound knowledge of sales techniques in consumer packaged goods preferred
- Strong analytical, organizational and time management skills
- Strong oral and written communication skills with excellent interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated ability to work independently within a team environment
- Detailed-oriented with fresh thinking
- Takes initiative in pursuing objectives and ensuring deadlines are met
- Ability to work under pressure to ensure timelines and/or deadlines are met
- Proficient in MS suite (word, excel, power point) in addition to Apple/Ipad proficiency
- Willingness to be a part of a high performing company that works hard and has fun!
Location: Winnipeg, Manitoba
Please note, this is a maternity leave – 14 month contract.
The road is your office. This position requires a road warrior who is able to work independently on the road while interacting with our customers and sales team.
Benefits and Perks of Working at Hershey Canada:
- Of course. exposure to some of the finest chocolate and non-chocolate confectionery
- Corporate social responsibility programs – because we should leave the world a little better
than we found it.
The Hershey Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The policy of The Hershey Company is to extend opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual’s age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, Veteran Status, sexual orientation, genetic information or any other protected category recognized by state and federal laws.
Employment Type: Freelance
Location: Winnipeg, MB, CA
Posted on: 2015-10-23