OverviewHemmera Administrative Assistant – Maternity leave contract Contract in Burnaby, BC
Branch Burnaby BC CA
Administrative Assistant – Maternity leave contract
Recognized as leaders in our industry, we partner with clients to make a difference across the globe. Coordinates weekly, monthly and quarterly Line meetings,…
We are a Canadian environmental consultancy, entrepreneurial in its essence. Recognized as leaders in our industry, we partner with clients to make a difference across the globe. Hemmera recognizes that every individual’s contribution is essential to The Hemmera Way. Diversity is integral to who we are, and how we work together. At Hemmera we support and promote a welcoming, inclusive workplace in which our individual differences are valued. We offer a flexible work environment, a competitive compensation structure, and the opportunity for innovation, collaboration, and ownership of projects.
We are seeking an enthusiastic and experienced Administrative Assistant to join our team for a one year contract . This role will provide high quality administrative services to our business units and support the wider administration team.
- Organize calendars, clarifying purpose, priorities and required materials for appointments, meetings, conferences and seminars.
- Provide senior administrative and leadership support to two or more Lines of Business.
- Coordinate travel arrangements, itineraries, and prepare expense statements.
- Provide administrative support for business and strategic planning.
- Assist in the research, compilation and composition of various reports; track to ensure reporting deadlines are met.
- Coordinates weekly, monthly and quarterly Line meetings, facilities catering, equipment, materials, agendas, minutes, follow-up on action items, decision logs and work in progress reports and other related requirements.
- Provide administrative support including but not limited to filing, copying, scanning, and binding company documents and other materials.
- Provide back-up support to other Administrative Assistants, including front-desk and reception duties, as needed.
- Assist in the processing and maintenance of sub agreements and contract agreements.
- Update and maintain intranet line pages.
- Back-up Facilities support as needed.
- Minimum 5 years of experience providing administrative support in a professional services environment, including 2 years supporting senior level management
- Experience working within a professional services firm, or the environmental and/or engineering consulting industries will be an asset.
- An ability to prioritize, pay close attention to details, accuracy and timeliness and to work in a fast-paced environment
- The judgment to effectively and efficiently prioritize workload; strong analytical thinking and problem solving skills; competence to make recommendations and resolve issues
- Proactive, with the ability to manage competing priorities under minimal direction or supervision
- Demonstrated ability to maintain discretion and strict confidentiality
- Demonstrated ability to interact with all clients, staff and management both internally and externally and present a professional and positive image
- Demonstrated ability to take independent action and maintain sound judgment
- Advanced skills in office software including MS Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Outlook and other software specific to role
Employment Type: Freelance
Location: Burnaby, BC, CA
Posted on: 2017-02-11