OverviewHelpdesk Support in Markham, ON
Giesecke & Devrient Systems Canada, Inc.
Branch Markham ON CA
position. The Group’s customer base mainly comprises… level support for servers Backup and restore data for end users Provide second level support for limited…
About Giesecke & Devrient
Giesecke & Devrient (G&D) is a leading international technology provider headquartered in Munich, Germany. Founded in 1852, the Group has a workforce of over 11,200 employees and generated sales of approximately EUR 1.8 billion in the 2012 fiscal year. 58 subsidiaries and joint ventures in 32 countries ensure customer proximity worldwide.
G&D develops, produces, and distributes products and solutions in the payment, secure communication and identity management sectors. G&D is a technology leader in these markets and holds a strong competitive position. The Group’s customer base mainly comprises central and commercial banks, mobile network operators, business enterprises, governments, and public authorities. For more information, please visit: www.gi-de.com.
Help Desk Coordinator
Senior Manager, IT Infrastructure
The Help Desk Coordinator provides IT support services for all employees. Responsibilities are to respond and resolve basic computer hardware, network, printer, application and desk phone related issues. Communicate with computer users for issues via ticketing system, email, and telephone. He/She provides basic training, documentation and instructionsfor all new employees on accessing phone and the computer systems.In addition, will be responsible for the coordination of activities within the service desk team.
Coordinating activities within the service desk team and acting as a team lead
Analysis and reporting on service desk tickets and performance
Provide IT Helpdesk Service to end users in a prompt and professional manner
Build workstations and notebook computers with appropriate applications as per strict Giesecke&Devrient (G&D) policies
Troubleshoot and resolve computer, network and application related issues promptly
Perform preventative maintenance including checking, monitoring and cleaning of workstations and servers
Create documentation, end user guides and close trouble tickets on time with complete details
Perform hands-on fixes at the desktop level, including installing and upgrading software, installing hardware, implementing file backups and configuring systems and applications
Ensure company IT standards and policies are implemented and followed on desktop computer network
Administer training to end users on client application use such as email, network logon, printing and remote access.
Employee account creations and deletion as per G&D policy
Monitor and respond to alerts using system management tools
Implement and manage Thin Client stations to work with Citrix Servers
Setup remote users with VPN (spell out)access
Administer first level support for servers
Backup and restore data for end users
Provide second level support for limited applications
Ability do limited network related activities
Comply with G&D Environmental, Health & Safety policies, procedures and report any Environmental, Health & Safety hazards, incidents and concerns to the immediate supervisor/manager. Management will ensure employees are provided with job specific Environmental, Health & Safety information, training and also ensure employees follow workplace Health & Safety policies and procedures.
Qualifications, Experience and Educational Requirements
- Minimum 3 year experience in working in a service desk environment providing level 2 or 3 support
- Minimum year experience in building workstations and providing support for computer (end) users
- certification in computer related field such as A+, MCSE and College education
- Experience in common client applications such as MS Office, Lotus Notes, IE, PGP and SharePoint
- Minimum 1 year experience in networking such as cabling and the understanding of network switches
Skills and Competencies:
- Good verbal and written communication skills in English
- Proven interpersonal, analytical, presentation and problem solving skills
- Ability to multi-task, organize, and prioritize with attention to details
- Self-motivated team player with ability to interact in a collaborate manner
- Demonstrated ability to work well under pressure in meeting tight deadlines
- Ability to absorb and retain information quickly and also bring new ideas to the team
- Technicians required to use various hardware and software tools to analyze and resolve issues
Attention to detail and willingness to take initiative
Able to apply general common sense and courtesy
Completed college in an IT field
- Ability to work flexible hours and weekends
- Able to work in a team environment
- Limited travelling is required
- Available to be on call to provide afterhours support
Responsible to maintain confidentiality
Maintain a professional and positive attitude
- Safety Shoes/boots is mandatory on Production/Manufacturing floor
Lifting up to 50 lbs
- This job description is not intended to be all inclusive. The candidate hired will also perform other reasonable related business duties as assigned by the supervisor. The company reserves the right to revise or change job duties as needed. This job description does not constitute a written or implied contract of employment.
Giesecke & Devrient Systems Canada Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity in its workforce, encouraging applicantions from all qualified individuals.
By applying to this position you are confirming you possess either a Canadian citizenship, permanent resident status or valid work permit.
Please note: Reference Checks and Credit, Criminal Background Checks will be administered on suitably qualified candidates.
Employment Type: Full Time
Location: Markham, ON, CA
Posted on: 2014-09-13