OverviewHealth Care Aide in Edmonton, AB
Alberta Health Services
Branch Edmonton AB CA
Health Care Aide
of multi-disciplinary care team providing healthcare… of daily living, personal care and health care tasks/procedures as delegated by a health care professional…
Health Care Aides within the medicine program function as members of multi-disciplinary care team providing healthcare services for patients. In this rewarding role the incumbent participates in the delivery of quality patient care by performing services necessary for the physical and emotional well being and comfort of the patient.
Duties is to work up to their scope of practice which includes, but not limited to assisting clients with activities of daily living, personal care and health care tasks/procedures as delegated by a health care professional. The Unit Manager supervises the position and the Charge Nurse and other team members provide general direction for specified duties.
- Completion of a recognized Health Care Aide Course (or equivalent) is required
- Medical Terminology course is required
- Current BCLS – HCP taken within the last 12 months is required
- One year recent related experience is an asset
- Must be able to meet the physical demands of the job. Duties that involve periods of physical activity such as standing, bending, walking and lifting weights up to 25 kg
Employment Type: Temporary
Location: Edmonton, AB, CA
Posted on: 2014-09-13