OverviewHalton Region Talent Acquisition Specialist Full Time in Halton, ON
Branch Halton ON CA
Talent Acquisition Specialist
Some travel within Halton Region required, incumbent must supply their own transportation. Have ability to work in a dynamic and demanding work environment…
The ideal candidate will possess a degree or diploma in Human Resources with a minimum of three years’ of full cycle recruitment experience. To be successful in this role, the incumbent must be results driven with strong client consultation skills. Demonstrated success in developing a talent network for future opportunities and the ability to manage large recruitment volumes is also required. The successful candidate must demonstrate professionalism with exceptional interpersonal skills; produce high quality work with a sense of urgency; possess knowledge of legislation governing recruitment activities; have ability to work in a dynamic and demanding work environment while remaining positive and focused; have a proven ability to build relationships, influence and collaborate. Required skills include strong verbal and written communication, problem solving, analytical, time management, ability to multitask; and a strong orientation towards detail. Proficiency with Microsoft Office, applicant tracking systems and the ability to leverage social media platforms to source and interact with candidates is required. CHRL and/or RPR designation(s) and experience in a unionized environment are assets.
There will be the occasional need to work outside of core business hours. Some travel within Halton Region required, incumbent must supply their own transportation.
- Partner with hiring managers and provide a value added, full-cycle recruitment process ensuring a fair, inclusive and defensible recruitment process is undertaken.
- Apply proven and innovative talent sourcing methods to source candidates and develop a future pipeline.
- Develop job postings to articulate requirements of the role and attract suitable candidates.
- Screen, interview and present top candidates to the hiring manager for interviews.
- Develop interview questions and candidate assessments, participate on interview panel and completion of reference checks through to job offer.
- Promote Halton Region as an employer of choice throughout the recruitment cycle and ensure a positive candidate experience throughout the recruitment process.
- Participate in networking events and career fairs.
- Manage the Region’s Summer Student Experience Program.
- Support the Region’ Internship Program.
- Support initiatives related to onboarding and employer branding.
- Participate in the development and administration of co-op programs and post-secondary recruiting initiatives.
- Leverage social media sites to attract and source talent.
- Contribute to the continuous improvement of talent acquisition practices and resources.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Employment Type: Full Time
Location: Halton, ON, CA
Posted on: 2016-09-22