OverviewHalton Healthcare Services Temporary Full-time Helper 1 NEW Temporary in Oakville, ON
Halton Healthcare Services
Branch Oakville ON CA
Temporary Full-time Helper 1 NEW
Environmental Services- Housekeeping. Halton Healthcare Services is seeking individuals who are competent in their chosen profession;…
Posting #: 2017-797114
Position: Helper 1
Department: Environmental Services- Housekeeping
Status: Temporary Full Time (up to 1 year)
Hours: Monday to Sunday – Evenings – 1500 to 2300 (Hours may be subject to change based on operational needs.)
As a member of the Environmental Services team, the Helper 1 will be primarily responsible for providing a clean and safe environment for patients, visitors and staff.
This is what you’ll be doing:
- Cleaning and disinfecting public areas using methods approved by the Housekeeping and Infection Control departments
- Washing floors, ceilings and walls
- Cleaning inside of windows
- Waste handling
- Related duties as required
This is what you’ll need to do it:
Halton Healthcare Services is seeking individuals who are competent in their chosen profession; patient/customer focused; effective communicators; team players; caring and respectful and are fiscally responsible.
- High School Diploma required
- Recent practical and related experience in a healthcare setting preferred
- Must be able to work well in a team setting
- Must possess English language verbal communication skills and literacy skills sufficient to understand verbal and written instructions and to read product labels and procedure manuals
- Must be able to prioritize workload and function independently
- Ability to meet the physical demands of the job including: continuous standing and walking, forward bending, pushing/pulling carts and reaching. Some overhead reaching, squatting, climbing and heavy lifting of up to 30 lbs.
- Ability to operate moderate to light equipment required
- May be required to work and adapt to multiple areas
- Satisfactory employment and attendance record
Salary: $17.17 to $21.47 per hour
Date Posted: January 19, 2017
Internal applications due by: January 26, 2017
Please submit your application via our website directly to this posting and include a current copy of your resume.
Halton Healthcare is committed to providing accommodations [for people with disabilities]. If you require an accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs.
Halton Healthcare is a smoke-free facility in and around all three sites. Smoking is not permitted on our hospital properties. We thank everyone who works at or visits our hospitals for respecting this healthy initiative. We are also a scent-free environment for all employees and visitors to accommodate individuals’ health concerns arising from exposure to scented product. We ask for everyone’s cooperation in our efforts to accommodate health concerns.
Employment Type: Temporary
Location: Oakville, ON, CA
Posted on: 2017-01-23