OverviewHalton Healthcare Services Decision Support Analyst, Mental Health & Diabetes NEW Part Time in Oakville, ON
Halton Healthcare Services
Branch Oakville ON CA
Decision Support Analyst, Mental Health & Diabetes NEW
Data management and/or analysis software experience (e.g. The ideal candidate is a strategic thinker, detail oriented and is ready to drive change and…
Halton Healthcare Services Posting #: 2017-797732
Position: Decision Support Analyst – Mental Health and Diabetes
Department: Decision Support
Status: Temporary Part-time .6 FTE (approximately 1 year)
Hours: Monday to Friday – Days
Site: Oakville Site (travel to other sites as needed)
Halton Healthcare takes great pride in providing quality, compassionate healthcare services to our rapidly growing communities. As a progressive and vibrant healthcare organization, we take healthcare to a new level to meet the urgent needs of our community’s growing and aging population. We are a distinctive centre of healthcare excellence that offers first-rate care in an innovative environment that supports the physical, mental, emotional and spiritual needs of the community.
This is what you’ll be doing:
Reporting to the Director of Decision Support, the Decision Support Analyst will support the development and implementation of a strong foundation for information reporting that meets the internal and external reporting requirements of the Mental Health and Diabetes Programs. The Decision Support Analyst will work closely with Program management team in the development of scorecards and key performance indicators, incorporating data from multiple sources and systems. The Analyst will assist in the review and enhancement of processes for data collection, monitoring, and dissemination, ensuring that performance data reporting is aligned with the hospital’s corporate data collection and reporting standards. The Analyst will also interface with various external information management entities, such as the Local Health Integration Network and Canadian Institute for Health Information to ensure fulfillment of external reporting obligations.
This is what you’ll need to do it:
Halton Healthcare endeavors to hire individuals who are competent in their chosen profession and who exemplify our mission, vision and values of accountability, respect and compassion which guide our individual behaviours and attitudes.
- Undergraduate degree in a related field (e.g., Health Sciences, Business, Economics, Health Informatics).
- Minimum 5 years experience in decision support
- Proficiency with hospital databases (e.g. CIHI NACRS, OMHRS); provincial data repositories and standards (e.g., ICD-10CA, RAI-MH, SCIPP, MIS Guidelines).
- Knowledge of Meditech including visit registration and scheduling
- Data management and/or analysis software experience (e.g. SAS/SQL BI)
- Technical expertise related to data models and database design and development
- Experience in leading the creation and development of score cards and the related communications for implementation
- Knowledge of hospital data sources, information systems, performance indicators, data management and/or benchmarking activities in a hospital setting required.
- Comfortable working with stakeholders in a facilitative and consultative manner.
- Excellent writing and editing skills, including the ability to accurately summarize and communicate information
- Advanced experience using of Microsoft tools (e.g. Excel, Access) required.
- Satisfactory employment and attendance record
The ideal candidate is a strategic thinker, detail oriented and is ready to drive change and innovation. We require a person with good communication skills and a clear customer focus with the ability to foster teamwork and collaboration.
Date Posted: February 9, 2017
Internal applications due by: February 16, 2017
If you are passionate about what you do, motivated by a job well done, and as committed to excellence, quality and patient satisfaction as we are, we’d like to hear from you. Please submit your application via our website at www.haltonhealthcare.com directly to this posting and include a current copy of your resume.
We thank all those who apply but only those individuals selected for further consideration will be contacted.
In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act and the Ontario Human Rights Code, Halton Healthcare will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment and selection process. If you require an accommodation, we will work with you to meet your accommodation needs to ensure your equal participation.
All personal information is collected under the authority of the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act.
Halton Healthcare is a smoke free facility in and around all three sites. Smoking is not permitted on hospital properties. We thank everyone who works at or visits our hospitals for respecting this healthy initiative. We are also a scent-free environment for all employees and visitors to accommodate
Employment Type: Part Time
Location: Oakville, ON, CA
Posted on: 2017-02-10