OverviewHalliwell Consulting Marine Compliance Coordinator Full Time in St. John’s, NL
Branch St. John’s NL CA
Marine Compliance Coordinator
St. John’s, NL
Establish reliable methods for assessing compliance to safety and environmental systems. Monitor operations relating to the Safety Management System (SMS) under…
Our client in St. John’s, Newfoundland has an immediate opening for a Marine Compliance Coordinator .
- Monitor operations relating to the Safety Management System (SMS) under the ISM Code and assist in monitoring quality and environmental functions as they relate to our fleet of marine vessels.
- Reporting to the Fleet Manager, this position acts as the Assistant Designated Person Ashore and has direct access to the Company’s senior management, and has discretion to intervene in any organizational or operational activity to verify that the intentions and requirements of the SMS and the ISM Code standards are implemented and maintained and is authorized to initiate immediate corrective action.
- Establish reliable methods for assessing compliance to safety and environmental systems
- Coordinate internal and external audits related to ship safety, navigation, environment and security
- Coordinate records and documents related to shipboard safety and compliance
- Review internal audits and assign corrective action as required
- Review dangerous goods documents to ensure compliance to the IMDG code and ship certification;
- Conduct reviews of vessel safety & security procedures
- Conduct proactive strategic assessments of safety/quality/environmental costs and provide continuous evaluation of trends and best practices in these areas
- Assist Marine Superintendent to ensure fleet compliance with respect to Classification
- Perform other duties, as assigned.
- Master Mariner certification or equivalent preferably with sea going experience on multi-purpose container / RoRo vessel operations
- Career experience in Safety, Quality & Environment
- Broad knowledge of safety, compliance and regulatory requirements including security and transportation of dangerous goods (IMDG, ISPS)
- Lead auditor certification (ISO, ISM)
- Background in marine safety management and quality systems such as ISM and ISO
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Proficiency in MS Office; experience with computerized ship management systems
- Bilingualism (English and French) is an asset
- Travel is required.
Applying: If you feel that you meet the requirements for this position, please forward an updated resume to [email protected] . You can also contact Chris Halliwell directly at 1 (800) 339-5917, ext. 108 .
Job Number: 5313
Employment Type: Full Time
Location: St. John's, NL, CA
Posted on: 2016-10-31