Employment Type: Internship
Posted on: 2017-02-10
HAGI Community Services Human Resource Intern Internship in Thunder Bay, ON
HAGI Community Services
Branch Thunder Bay ON CA
Human Resource Intern
Thunder Bay, ON
Upon hire, submission of a current Criminal Records Check satisfactory to Employer. Handle employee complaints and incidents, including conflict resolution,…
- Oversee the staff recruitment process including assist the Executive Director and Managers in personnel management, including compensation, promotions and disciplinary actions.
- Ensure employees have clear goals and expectations and an up to date job description.
- Lead union negotiations for Collective Agreement and provide guidance with grievance resolution and interpretation of the agreements.
- Handle employee complaints and incidents, including conflict resolution, accidents, health and safety concerns, work refusals, and investigations recruiting, screening and setting up of interviews.
- Assist Department Managers to formally evaluate employee performance and provide feedback, coaching, and direction on improving employee performance.
- University or college graduate who has graduated within the last three years from an accredited college or university.
- Degree in Human Resources or General Business with a Human Resources background or Diploma in Human Resources or General Business with a Human Resources background.
- This position must provide the intern with a first full-time employment in their field of study. Candidates must be legally entitled to work in Canada.
- Excellent organizational, coordination and time management skills to determine priorities, meet timelines and manage several assignments simultaneously.
- Advanced knowledge of all employment legislation and Government Acts.
- Use of sound judgment and tact to implement practical options/solutions while anticipating future problems.
- Excellent communication skills; demonstrated ability to produce well written and researched documents.
- Intermediate skill level and experience in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Work independently, or as part of the team, and effectively and proactively manage inter-personal conflict.
- Upon hire, submission of a current Criminal Records Check satisfactory to Employer
Job Type: Internship
Salary: $20.00 /hour