OverviewHabitat for Humanity Canada Global Village Trip Coordinator Full Time in Toronto, ON
Habitat for Humanity Canada
Branch Toronto ON CA
Global Village Trip Coordinator
Educate and advise prospective teams about the GV program and serve as a resource to high school and university teams, faith groups, corporate groups and others…
SUBMISSION DEADLINE :
Habitat for Humanity Canada – Full Time Employee
Global Village (GV) Trip Coordinator, Europe, Middle East and Africa (EMEA)
March 13, 2017
February 17, 2017
The Global Village Trip Coordinator works behind the scenes to coordinate short-term home building trips for teams of volunteers. This is accomplished by working in partnership with GV staff, volunteer team leaders and host country staff in Habitat national offices around the world. These trips raise awareness and funds for Habitat’s mission, while building relationships and homes.
The successful applicant for this position will have exceptional organizational and communication skills, a passion for and experience in international development and a love for working behind the scenes to make amazing things happen.
The Coordinator must be able to work effectively as part of a team and be able to function with minimal supervision. Since the majority of this role involves working at a distance with team leaders and host coordinators, the successful applicant must be able to communicate effectively and respectfully through email and by phone with people from different backgrounds and cultures.
The successful candidate needs to build a strong relationship with the team leaders and would attend conferences and team leader training workshops, held on weekends, as necessary.
This position will work mainly with countries in the Asia Pacific region and therefore experience in that area is a great asset.
This position is a full time position , based at Habitat for Humanity Canada’s National office in Toronto.
Skills and Qualifications
- Proven organization skills, excellent written and oral communications skills, pleasant phone manner.
- Working knowledge of Habitat’s international programs and of short-term mission projects.
- Desire and ability to work as a productive and supportive member of a high functioning staff team.
- Self-starter; able to follow through with minimal supervision.
- Excellent time management skills with the ability to prioritize and meet deadlines.
- Positive and productive problem solving skills.
- Excellent skills in typing, word processing, Excel and email communication.
- Budgeting and basic accounting experience.
- Interest in people of all ages and a hospitable nature.
- Work experience with Habitat and/or other international volunteer programs.
- Experience working or traveling in Europe, Middle East or Africa is an asset.
- 2 years program management or supervisory/management experience.
- Significant international travel and volunteer experience.
- Willingness to travel to conferences as required.
Please email your resume and cover letter (with EMEA Coordinator Application in the subject line) to Donald Taylor, Director, Global Village at [email protected]
No phone calls please. We thank all applicants for their interest, but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Employment Type: Full Time
Location: Toronto, ON, CA
Posted on: 2017-02-10