OverviewGWL Realty Advisors National Environmental Health and Safety Specialist ~ Contract Position Contract in Toronto, ON
GWL Realty Advisors
Branch Toronto ON CA
National Environmental Health and Safety Specialist ~ Contract Position
Reporting to the Manager, Occupational Health and Safety Services, this person will maintain and coordinate the continuous improvement of GWL Realty Advisors’…
GWL Realty Advisors is a leading Canadian real estate investment advisor providing comprehensive asset management, property management, development, portfolio management and specialized real estate advisory services to pension funds and institutional and retail clients. As a trusted real estate investment advisor, we are known for strong corporate governance, stewardship of clients’ assets and a commitment to outstanding customer service. We have earned and maintained the trust of our clients by helping them reach their investment goals. GWL Realty Advisors seeks to deliver strong returns for its investors in order to remain the trusted partner for real estate advice and services.
GWL Realty Advisors is a wholly-owned subsidiary of The Great-West Life Assurance Company.
At GWL Realty Advisors, trust, accountability and recognition are the cornerstones that have created our unique and rewarding high-performance culture.
Thank you for your interest in joining the GWL Realty Advisors team. Successful candidates whose skills and interests fit the opportunity will be contacted.
Reporting to the Manager, Occupational Health and Safety Services, this person will maintain and coordinate the continuous improvement of GWL Realty Advisors’ Occupational Health and Safety Management program. This contract will be approximately one (1) year in length.
If this is your role, you will:
- Ensure requirements are being understood and required close-out action items are met on time
- Work with internal groups, monitor and drive programs, including the OH&S Awareness Training, Asbestos Management Plan and annual re-assessment process; provides guidance when needed
- Assist with remediation processes pertaining to water ingress, mould prevention and management
- Act as a technical resource to the JHSC(s) to support building inspections, accident and incident investigations, corrective action plans
- Advise and monitor the risk control and role risk analysis process requirements
- Assist various internal groups to better understand the requirements and risks involved in renovations and regular maintenance; advise in regards to safety requirements; including Fall Arrest, Working Alone, Electrical and Hot Work Processes
- Advise the Property Management teams in regards to PCBs, IAQ, CFCs, Safe Chemical Use and Hazardous Waste
- Assist with completion of reporting for the Environmental Site Approval Registry (ESAR) and Environmental Compliance Approval (ECA) process with MOE, including NPRI/Chem-trac
- Assist in completing Quarterly Compliance reporting
- Ensure timely submission of approved reports & related documentation to government authorities as relates to all reportable occupational health & safety issues
- Capture and trend all OHS and Environmental incidents
- Ensure due diligence defence documentation and files are maintained current
- Ensure that any required reporting of occupational health and safety risks is carried out as required by law and provide assistance, where necessary
- Work with National Manager, OHS Services to conduct an annual audit of the Corporate OH&S Program, including property H&S Audits
We want to hear from you if you have:
- Post secondary education; engineering or science related; post graduate qualification in Health and Safety or Environmental discipline; working towards a designation (ie. CRSP) will be considered an asset
- Working knowledge of Canadian laws and regulations regarding occupational health & safety matters; broad experience and in-depth understanding of modern Occupational Health & Safety Management systems and techniques
- Three (3) to five (5) years experience where Occupational Health and Safety has been the primary role
- Strong written, presentation and verbal communication skills; bilingualism will be considered a strong asset
During the interview, we’ll ask you to tell us about your:
- Experience in facility and/or commercial building operations management (an asset); emergency response planning
- Aptitude for developing relationships and established interpersonal communications skills ; coaching skills
- Ability to provide feedback across a wide range of diverse groups
- Ability to manage multi priorities in a fast paced environment with tight deadlines
- Proficiency in use of Microsoft Office Software
NO AGENCIES PLEASE
Employment Type: Freelance
Location: Toronto, ON, CA
Posted on: 2015-03-23