OverviewGWL Realty Advisors Building Operator Full Time in Halifax, NS
GWL Realty Advisors
Branch Halifax NS CA
Knowledge of building HVAC, plumbing, electrical, direct digital control building automation systems and life safety systems….
GWL Realty Advisors is a leading Canadian real estate investment advisor providing comprehensive asset management, property management, development, portfolio management and specialized real estate advisory services to pension funds and institutional and retail clients. As a trusted real estate investment advisor, we are known for strong corporate governance, stewardship of clients’ assets and a commitment to outstanding customer service. We have earned and maintained the trust of our clients by helping them reach their investment goals. GWL Realty Advisors seeks to deliver strong returns for its investors in order to remain the trusted partner for real estate advice and services.
GWL Realty Advisors is a wholly-owned subsidiary of The Great-West Life Assurance Company.
At GWL Realty Advisors, trust, accountability and recognition are the cornerstones that have created our unique and rewarding high-performance culture.
Thank you for your interest in joining the GWL Realty Advisors team. Successful candidates whose skills and interests fit the opportunity will be contacted.
Reporting to the Manager, Technical Services, the successful candidate will fill the full-time position of Building Operator located at Purdy’s Wharf, 1949 Upper Water Street in Halifax, Nova Scotia. The primary responsibility of the Building Operator is to ensure that the complex is being managed and maintained in a safe and environmentally responsible manner to the highest level of operational efficiency.
In this is your career, you will:
- Review, monitor, and inspect all building functions including mechanical and electrical areas and provide direction to trades in maintaining first class standards of building operations and services. Tasks include decisions for various operational modes, equipment logs, inspections, chemical tests, filter changes and temperature concerns. Perform preventative maintenance programs for all equipment as required by the Preventative Maintenance Program
- Provide prompt and efficient service to tenants to ensure satisfactory problem resolution. Provide recommendations and obtain quotes.
- Order supplies and services based on pre-authorized levels of approval.
- Respond to tenant requests for temperature adjustments and perform associated troubleshooting of electronic (Siemens System 600) and pneumatic control systems.
- Operate 560 and 800 ton centrifugal chillers during cooling season.
- Ensure corporate building environmental, health & life safety, and risk management programs are implemented and maintained.
- Attend after hour building emergencies (through on-call rotation)
- Direct and supervise repairs to the building and its equipment.
- Be involved in energy management practices for lighting and HVAC
- Conduct inspections of areas under construction.
- Provide support to other staff members in their duties as may be required by the Property Manager or the Manager, Technical Services
- Shifts will vary, typically between 7am-3pm and 10am-6pm, Monday to Friday except Holidays, with exceptions as required/designated by supervisor
We want to hear from you if you have:
- 3-5 years experience in commercial property management building systems, mechanical maintenance and operation.
- Valid Provincial (NS) or Inter-Provincial Second Class Refrigeration Operator’s Certificate or on Inter-Provincial Fourth Class Power Engineer’s Certificate or better is required. Equivalent vocation/technical school training and experience will also be considered.
- Knowledge of building HVAC, plumbing, electrical, direct digital control building automation systems and life safety systems.
- Experience troubleshooting, calibrating and maintaining pneumatic control systems would be a strong asset.
- Excellent customer service skills with ability to partner with clients to meet client needs.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Valid driver’s license with access to a vehicle and ability to respond to site within 30 minutes if required when on-call.
- Mechanical/electrical aptitude and trouble-shooting skills.
During the interview, we’ll ask you to tell us about your:
- Exceptional communication, organizational, interpersonal and time management skills.
- Willingness to advance knowledge and experience through educational study.
- Pride in workmanship and ownership of property.
- Exceptional customer service skills.
NO AGENCIES PLEASE
Employment Type: Full Time
Location: Halifax, NS, CA
Posted on: 2015-01-24