OverviewGSM Project Exhibition content curator / Museologist Contract in Montréal, QC
Branch Montréal QC CA
Exhibition content curator / Museologist
Content development initiates the design process and so content developers are regarded as principal members of the creative team….
Every project at GSM Project begins with a great concept based on strong content. As a firm that engages in cultural projects across the globe, it is important that we identify the best local collaborators to ensure that the content that we develop for our exhibition is based in fact, is backed by research and is fresh and engaging.
We are currently putting together a team who will be responsible for bringing to life three thematic exhibitions located in Dubai’s oldest neighbourhood that will delve into the Emirate’s rich history and its cultural landscape, both historical and contemporary. We are looking for an exhibition content curator – or museologist who wishes to embark on an adventure in Dubai, to direct content development.
· Develop the exhibitions’ content in collaboration with the project’s Head of Content and the creative team.
· Participate in defining clear sets of exhibition themes, messages, storylines, content structures and content delivery strategies.
· Conduct portions of the resea12rch required to create permanent exhibitions that are anchored in Dubai’s history.
· Help identify and put together a team of content specialists to validate exhibition content.
· Collaborate and help put together a local team of copywriters, researchers, translators, photo editors and media producers.
· Participate in the defining of the exhibition’s media and interactive treatments
· A minimum of 5 years of experience in developing content for museum, museum-related projects or media-related projects (documentaries, magazines, newspapers, etc.)
· Background in social sciences, history, creative writing, journalism or education
· Diplomas in curatorial studies or museology
· Computer programs: Microsoft Office suite (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, knowledge of InDesign a plus)
· Languages: 100% fluent in English (notions of Arabic are a plus).
Aptitudes / Qualifications
· Independence, a great sense of initiative and a capacity to generate enthusiasm for the project’s content and its interpretative potential are essential to its success. If you find the subject fascinating and engaging, so will the future visitors.
· Leadership skills are essential: content development initiates the design process and so content developers are regarded as principal members of the creative team.
· Curiosity and a genuine interest in people’s stories and Middle-Eastern culture is key
· This is a collaborative process – the work requires daily communication with the Creative Team.
· A capacity to synthesize and communicate content to collaborators is essential.
Duration of contract: 4 to 6 months (with possibility of extension). Location: Dubai, with occasional workshops in Montreal
Send your résumé to: [email protected]
Please note only candidates with relevant profiles will be invited to interviews
Employment Type: Freelance
Location: Montreal, QC, CA
Posted on: 2016-09-08