OverviewGroupHEALTH Benefit Solutions IT Manager Full Time in Surrey, BC
GroupHEALTH Benefit Solutions
Branch Surrey BC CA
And Director of IT. Management of IT Infrastructure staff. Plan and support of hardware upgrades. Lends a helping hand whenever it is….
What makes us AWESOME? https://www.grouphealth.ca/about-us/careers/awesome/
Life is short. Work somewhere awesome.
In every industry there is a company that thinks, and does
things, differently. In employee group benefits, GroupHEALTH Benefits Solutions ® is that company.
Innovative and customer-focused, we’re not your parent’s
insurance company. We’ve used equal parts passion, expertise, and innovation to
turn stated customer needs (yes we listen to customers!) into group
benefits programs that save companies and their employees money, while still
providing the very best protection available. That’s getting people’s
We are currently recruiting for the role of IT Manager to join our team
in Surrey, BC. The Infrastructure Manager is responsible for Managing the
Infrastructure team and the daily running of the department. This role will
report directly to, and act as a backup for, the Director of IT. This is a
hands on role and the selected applicant will be expected to help were needed
- Supervise and Manage the Infrastructure team across the
organization. Team of 4 full time and 1-part time (Barrie), setup routine and
- Lead weekly team meetings and report summary to Director of IT.
- Setup a maintenance schedule for infrastructure – First 60 days
- Setup a monitoring with alert system – First 30 days
- Successful rollout of Office 365 to all locations – First 60 days
- Successful rollout of CRM 2016 infrastructure and desktop client –
Frist 60 days
- Help develop annual budgets and planning for the department – end
of year Sept
- Help develop and maintain the IT Infrastructure Road Map – On
- Implement and maintain Infrastructure projects in the Project
Management process -Ongoing.
In addition to joining a team that is focused on delivering
the “WOW!” factor daily (while enjoying weekly yoga stretches, lunchtime walks,
26 long weekends a year, and lots of cake!), your Key Responsibilities will include:
- Management of IT Infrastructure staff.
- Performance reviews
- Hiring / firing / disciplinary
- Personal development
- Overall coordination of day-to-day IT operations and client
- Managing, planning, implementing and maintaining Servers and
- Managing, planning, implementing and maintaining Network and
Security (Firewalls, LAN, WAN, etc.)
- Maintain and Manage Help Desk
- Managing, planning, implementing and maintaining Telephone and
environment (server room cooling, power, etc.)
- Managing and planning projects with the help from Project Manager
and Director of IT.
- Managing and planning the backups and replication; restoring data
and test recovery
- Manage infrastructure components of the corporate Disaster
- Occasional evening and weekend work will be required when
- Plan and support software upgrades
- Plan and support of hardware upgrades
- Management of mobile devices and support
- Management of Domain names and associated tasks.
- Providing telephone/technical support to administration,
- Some travel between locations, White Rock, Port Coquitlam and
- Preventive maintenance; Investigation of running systems to ensure
efficiency and discovery of any issues that might be occurring but has not
created errors message.
- Certificate or Diploma in a related field
- 5-7 years of progressive experience in a Network
Administrator/Support Technician role
- Supervisor / Management experience
- Microsoft Certified Professional (MCP) and/or Microsoft Certified
Systems Engineer (MCSE)
- Linux Certification or demonstrated experience
- A++ Certification
Job Knowledge &
Professional Development . Has a complete understanding of the role and
is performing the role to its entirety. Acts without being told what to do.
Continual focus on expanding knowledge of the role and of the Company as a
Innovation . Generates new and innovative approaches to problems. Ask
questions and respectfully challenges current processes. Brings new ideas to
the Company and strives for continual improvement of their daily operations
and/or work activities.
Planning . Plans, organizes, and schedules in an efficient, productive
manner. Focuses on key priorities. Able to stay on track and meet deadlines.
Does not let important details slip through the cracks or derail a project.
Teamwork . Reaches
out to peers and cooperates with supervisors to establish an overall positive
and collaborative working relationship. Lends a helping hand whenever it is
Speaks and writes clearly and articulately without being overly verbose or
talkative. Maintains this standard in all forms of written communication,
including Email. Lives up to verbal and written agreements. Communicates in a
positive and respectful manner.
Delivering WOW! Expects
personal and team performance to be nothing short of the best. Exhibits
passion and excitement over work [LA1] .
Has a positive, can-do attitude. Takes ownership of the role, goes above and
beyond and does whatever it takes to get the job done!
- In addition to becoming part of a creative, challenging, and
stimulating work environment, we also offer:
- a competitive salary
- an excellent benefits plan
- flex time
- education assistance
- participation in our Fortnight program
- access to our Group RRSP plan
We thank everyone who applies; however, due to the volume of
applications we receive, we are only able to contact candidates who have been
selected for an interview.
Employment Type: Full Time
Location: Surrey, BC, CA
Posted on: 2016-12-06