OverviewGreen Bay Health Center Laboratory Assistant Temporary in Springdale, NL
Green Bay Health Center
Branch Springdale NL CA
Certificates in Transportation of Dangerous Goods. The successful candidate will be committed to safety and partner with all team members to improve worker and…
The successful applicant will work in a general duty Laboratory performing all duties pertaining to specimen collection and handling. This includes preparing specimens for analysis and the receipt and dispatch of specimens. Depending on work site, may be required to assist the Pathologist with autopsies and other Morgue related duties. Duties will also require work with computers. The candidate will be required to rotate with other staff of the Laboratory with shift duties or rotate on weekends and statutory holidays as required. The successful candidate will be committed to safety and partner with all team members to improve worker and patient safety by integrating safety into work practices, identifying risks, and implementing improvements.
* Graduation from High School with a diploma recognized by the Newfoundland and Labrador Department of Education and Early Childhood Development.
* Completion of a recognized Medical Laboratory Assistants program approved by Central Health.
* Current and continued Registration with the Canadian Society for Medical Laboratory Sciences (CSMLS).
* Certificates in Transportation of Dangerous Goods.
* Demonstrated communication skills in the day to day interaction with patients, co-workers, and technologists.
* A satisfactory record of work performance and attendance is required for this position.
* A satisfactory Certificate of Conduct from the RCMP or local police authority.
Hours of Work: Call as Needed (Shift work may be required)
Salary: LX-19 ($20.52-$24.03)
Competition No: P-2016000750-GBH
Closing Date: December 8, 2016
Employment Type: Temporary
Location: Springdale, NL, CA
Posted on: 2016-12-06