OverviewGreater Toronto Airports Authority Airport Operations Control Specialist Part Time in Toronto, ON
Greater Toronto Airports Authority
Branch Toronto ON CA
Airport Operations Control Specialist
Ability to multi‐task, troubleshoot and resolve issues, be pro‐active, work in a stressful environment, flexibility to be adaptable to change, respond to…
12 month Term Assignment
Reporting to the Manager, Airport Operations Control, the incumbent will be responsible for: answering and responding to internal telephone calls and radio channels where call types may vary between emergency response and demand maintenance requests. Testing will be administered as part of the process. Candidates will be required to demonstrate an acceptable level of listening capability and to demonstrate their ability to multitask through a series of testing that will constitute round 1 of the application process
- Dispatching resources as required and providing status updates based on established operating procedures
- Monitoring and interpreting multiple airport monitoring systems and reacting to information received based on established standard operating procedures
- Acting as a central point of contact for airport communications by monitoring multiple radio channels and phone lines; operating a Computerized Operational Data Entry System (CODES) and Airport Maintenance Management System (AMMS) for the logging and updating of events; determining the appropriate responder(s) oe resource to attend to an event
- Generating work orders as required, monitoring the event and recording event status and performing follow up actions to determine the status of incomplete events and reporting findings
- Maintaining status logs of critical equipment and events for publication
- Training new personnel on‐the‐job on an individual basis, and reviews and processes ad‐hoc requests from the airport community for action.
- The successful candidate(s) must possess a post‐secondary school education or an acceptable combination of education and/or experience.
- A minimum of three (3) years within an airport or aviation environment, where emergency dispatch and/or call center experience is preferred.
- Experience in a maintenance management environment is also an asset.
- Demonstrated experience in customer service, interacting with stakeholders and multi‐tasking. In addition, he/she must possess strong computer and computer keyboarding skills.
- Candidates will be required to demonstrate an acceptable level of computer keyboarding skills and will be required to successfully pass a computer keyboarding skills test, obtaining a minimum of 40 words per minute with 90% accuracy.
- Must meet the security level designated for the position
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- The successful candidate(s) must have knowledge of: standard Emergency Response Procedures, Airport Maintenance Protocols and Standard Operations Procedures.
- Knowledge of airport operations, including the airport grounds, familiarity with airside, terminal and groundside layouts, as well as the roles and responsibilities of GTAA resources, tenants and other agencies operating at Toronto Pearson.
- Ability to multi‐task, troubleshoot and resolve issues, be pro‐active, work in a stressful environment, flexibility to be adaptable to change, respond to conflicting demands and changing priorities in a diplomatic manner
- Strong problem‐solving skills, sound judgment in a customer‐centric environment, strong ability to concentrate in a hectic environment and to handle multiple priorities with excellent attention to detail is essential.
- Strong communication skills (oral, written, and listening) and possess a customer–service background with demonstrated decision‐making skills in a challenging and dynamic environment.
- Excellent proficiency with MS Office (Power Point, Word, Access, and an advanced Excel user), CODES and AMMS. and related softwares.
- Ability to work on a rotational shift schedule – covering 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, which will include a requirement to work overtime before or after a regular shift or being called in to work on regular days off
Employment Type: Part Time
Location: Toronto, ON, CA
Posted on: 2015-01-25