OverviewGreat West Life Underwriter Full Time in Winnipeg, MB
Great West Life
Branch Winnipeg MB CA
The Group Insurance Underwriter is directly responsible for assessing the risk and making decisions associated with the sale, amendment and renewal of assigned…
Position Overview :
The Group Insurance Underwriter is directly responsible for assessing the risk and making decisions associated with the sale, amendment and renewal of assigned cases, as well as providing financial reports to clients. The underwriter role is suited to the inquisitive individual who enjoys continuous learning and applying their knowledge in varied scenarios where the solution is not always the same. In this role you will be exposed to the entire lifespan of a client and interact with all Group departments.
- Managing the pricing of assigned in-force caseload, including performing the annual renewal of rates and expenses, in-force quotes, marketing and approvals of amendments.
- The management of all aspects of the financial reporting for assigned caseload.
- Handling field/client/consultant inquiries, plan changes, reporting needs
- Quotation of New Business prospects.
- Production of financial and service agreements on assigned caseload.
- Miscellaneous work on unassigned cases.
Qualifications and Competencies :
- Related post-secondary education or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Strong mathematical and analytical ability
- Strong problem solving and decision making skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Good negotiation skills
- Strong organizational and time management skills; ability to prioritize multiple tasks
- Good interpersonal skills
- Customer service focus
- Excel within a Purpose/Vision driven environment
We offer a challenging, team-oriented work environment, competitive income and benefits, and opportunities for professional and personal development and growth.
Discover your opportunity….
Apply with cover letter and resume by August 28, 2015.
We foster a culture where a wide range of professionals are learning, growing, and shaping their careers to achieve their personal and professional goals. We’re an organization that cares for our customers, our staff and our communities.
Together Great-West Life, London Life and Canada Life serve the financial security needs of 12 million people across Canada, with additional operations in Europe and the United States. As members of the Power Financial Corporation group of companies, we’re one of Canada’s leading insurers with interests in life insurance, health insurance, investment and retirement savings. We offer a broad portfolio of financial and benefit plan solutions for individuals, families, businesses and organizations.
We are committed to employing a diverse workforce and encourage all qualified individuals to apply. Candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted.
Employment Type: Full Time
Location: Winnipeg, MB, CA
Posted on: 2015-08-16