This opportunity is a twelve (12) month term.
The HR Operations Service Centre services the needs for nearly 11,000 of our Great-West Life, London Life, and Canada Life employees and retirees. The Centre also delivers timely, efficient, accurate and complete source data to further enhance the employee experience and support the needs of other stakeholders (HR Functional areas, Business Relations, etc).
As an integral part of the HR Operations Centre of Expertise, the Employment Support Services Operations (ESSO) Team lead will lead a team committed to continuously delivering a high level of customer service to each of these stakeholders.
- Full life-cycle people management responsibilities for the Administration team including: training, mentoring, recruitment and performance management.
- Provides technical support to internal HR groups as well as business units to insure data is accurate for reporting purposes
- Provide end user training and support to the HR Operations team on business processes and SAP processing
- Acts as the SAP subject matter expert within HR Operations including testing changes and updates.
- Maintains training materials, process documents and work flow records for HR Operations Team
- Assists the associate manager with department reporting, analyzes trends and provides statistical reports
- Review, analyze, correct and document results for various audit requests for the HR Financial Management and Payroll Team
Qualifications & Competencies
- Post secondary education in a related discipline (Human Resources, Payroll, business, etc) or a combination of education and relevant experience is preferred
- Demonstrated people leadership skills- ability to coach, provide feedback, and develop talent
- Proven analytical and problem-solving skills, complemented by strong organizational and multi-tasking skills
- Strong communication skills with the ability to deal tactfully with sensitive issues in a confidential matter
- Customer centric – putting the customer at the centre
- Strong attention to detail and process acumen
- Ability to work in a fast paced, deadline driven team environment
- Ability to present information across varied groups of individuals.
- Ability to translate technical information into a format that can be readily understood by a non-technical audience
- Proficient with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and Outlook).
- SAP knowledge and experience is an asset.
Discover your opportunity….Apply today!
Great-West Life offers competitive compensation, great benefits such as medical, dental, life insurance, wellness account and personal days not to mention onsite cafeteria and fitness facilities. If you’d like to join our team submit your information online and introduce yourself.
Together Great-West Life, London Life and Canada Life serve the financial security needs of more than 13 million people across Canada, with additional operations in Europe and the United States. As members of the Power Financial Corporation group of companies, we’re one of Canada’s leading insurers with interests in life insurance, health insurance, investment and retirement savings. We offer a broad portfolio of financial and benefit plan solutions for individuals, families, businesses and organizations.
We are committed to providing an inclusive, accessible environment, where all employees and customers feel valued, respected and supported. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of the communities in which we live, and to creating an environment where every employee has the opportunity to reach their potential.
Great-West Lifeco would like to thank all applicants, however only those who qualify for an interview will be contacted.