OverviewGreat West Life Switchboard Operator Full Time in Winnipeg, MB
Great West Life
Branch Winnipeg MB CA
Outstanding telephone etiquette and customer service skills. As members of the Power Financial Corporation group of companies, we’re one of Canada’s leading…
Position Overview :
The Switchboard Operator is responsible for directing all incoming calls from clients and staff to the appropriate business departments within Great-West Life, London Life and Canada Life. This requires an understanding of the different business functions performed by all of the companies, the different business units and an awareness of the various contact names and numbers for each area.
- Direct all switchboard calls to the appropriate person
- Maintain internal contact listings (involves soliciting updates to contact lists from Business Leaders)
- Share contact information with internal departments
- Participate in process improvement opportunities
- Assign and program speed call number to Field staff and maintain up-to-date lists
- Update reference material daily and be responsible for advertising in the city directories across Canada.
Qualifications and Competencies :
- Outstanding telephone etiquette and customer service skills
- Excellent communication skills
- French/English bilingual preferred
- Proficient computer skills (Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Switchboard, Reception or Call Centre operator experience an asset
- The switchboard operates from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., Monday through Friday. The hours of work will be from 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., however this shift may change based on business needs.
We offer a challenging, team-oriented work environment, competitive income and benefits, and opportunities for professional and personal development and growth.
Discover your opportunity….
Apply with cover letter and resume by October 23, 2015.
We foster a culture where a wide range of professionals are learning, growing, and shaping their careers to achieve their personal and professional goals. We’re an organization that cares for our customers, our staff and our communities.
Together Great-West Life, London Life and Canada Life serve the financial security needs of 12 million people across Canada, with additional operations in Europe and the United States. As members of the Power Financial Corporation group of companies, we’re one of Canada’s leading insurers with interests in life insurance, health insurance, investment and retirement savings. We offer a broad portfolio of financial and benefit plan solutions for individuals, families, businesses and organizations.
We are committed to employing a diverse workforce and encourage all qualified individuals to apply. Candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted.
Employment Type: Full Time
Location: Winnipeg, MB, CA
Posted on: 2015-10-03