OverviewGreat West Life Rehabilitation Consultant Full Time in St. John’s, NL
Great West Life
Branch St. John’s NL CA
St. John’s, NL
Living our values of Customer View; Maintain follow up contact with a claimant, focusing on barrier resolution and functional improvements made, while providing…
The Next Step In Your Career?
We are recruiting a regular full time Rehabilitation Consultant for the Newfoundland region.
The Rehabilitation Consultant manages complex disability claims in a pro-active manner with the goal of achieving a level of functional improvement that supports the earliest possible return to employability. This involves working directly with a claimant as well as their employer, physician and treatment providers to achieve the required level of functional improvement to support the employability goal. The Rehabilitation Consultant accomplishes this by assessing the vocational, educational and rehabilitative needs of claimants who are disabled in order to understand the functional impact of the diagnosis. The Rehabilitation Consultant then develops; implements and progresses approved rehabilitation service delivery plans based on claimant needs and contractual provisions. Also, they research and secure external treatment providers if needed to achieve functional improvement towards the employability goal.
The Rehabilitation Consultant will be reporting to the Assistant Regional Manager for Disability Intervention Services, and associated with the Halifax Disability Management Services Office. This position requires an appropriate home office and travel is required.
You will be accountable for:
- Living our values of Customer View; Integrity; Partnership; and Communities
- Assess the potential for rehabilitation services to impact on the duration of disability of complex claims through file review as well as telephone and/or face to face interview of claimants, employers and involved treatment providers.
- Develop realistic, cost-effective rehabilitation/ return to work plans for actions focusing on return to work.
- Provide counseling and/or referral services as necessary regarding identified needs of claimants. (Disability adjustment factors; treatment; vocational solutions; community resources etc.)
- Maintain follow up contact with a claimant, focusing on barrier resolution and functional improvements made, while providing claimant support during the intervention period.
- Manage return to employability expectations with employees, employers and care providers
- Prepare written reports detailing findings and recommendations.
- Track rehabilitation activities and document case files electronically.
Required qualifications and competencies:
- A degree in a discipline related to vocational rehabilitation counseling, with experience in health or social sciences preferred.
- 5 years of experience in insurance rehabilitation or the field of vocational rehabilitation preferred.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills and competency in using a laptop during claimant interviews and meetings for documentation purposes.
- Ability to accommodate a home-based office with equipment supplied by Great-West Life and the ability to problem solve technology issues with the assistance of the corporate help desk services.
- Valid driver’s license and vehicle are necessary due to the travel requirements.
Take the next step without delay!
Together London Life, Great West Life and Canada Life serve the financial security needs of 12 million people across Canada, with additional operations in Europe and the United States. As members of the Power Financial Corporation group of companies, we’re one of Canada’s leading insurers with interests in life insurance, health insurance, investment and retirement savings. We offer a broad portfolio of financial and benefit plan solutions for individuals, families, businesses and organizations.
We foster a culture where a wide range of professionals – in finance, accounting, general business and actuarial disciplines, for example – are learning, growing, and shaping their careers to achieve their personal and professional goals.
We’re an organization that cares for our clients, our staff and our communities. You can grow your career with us while giving, growing and connecting with the world around us.
There’s more than meets the eye with our organization. We offer a challenging, team-oriented work environment, competitive income and benefits, and opportunities for professional and personal development and growth.
Discover your opportunity. Apply now!
We are committed to employing a diverse workforce and encourage all qualified individuals to apply.
Employment Type: Full Time
Location: St. John's, NL, CA
Posted on: 2015-09-23