Given the size and scope of our organization, we have the flexibility for this position to be located in the following head office locations: Winnipeg, London, Toronto.
As part of the Shared Services Canada (SES) organization this position supports the Canadian businesses within Lifeco Canada (Great-West Life, Canada Life, London Life) and IGM Financial (Investors Group, Mackenzie Investments, IPC) in addition to providing select support to Europe. Shared Services Canada supports 900 applications, 20,000+ desktops, 300+ locations operating through two Canadian Data Centres.
The Program Management Office (PMO) within Shared Enterprise Services (SES) Canada is primarily responsible for providing a centralized and coordinated approach to infrastructure services delivery through effective program governance, stakeholder management and benefits management.
The Manager, Strategic Planning & Workforce Management reports directly to the Director, Program Support Services, and is responsible for supporting activities that cross functional areas within the PMO, and select activities that involve coordination across SES. This includes coordinating the planning of the SES roadmap, addressing resourcing needs from staff augmentation to skills gap closure, and supporting PMO tools, processes, training and communications.
- Coordinating the development of a Shared Enterprise Services roadmap in alignment with business unit strategies and plans along with corporate goals and objectives. Other planning outcomes would include an overall integrated delivery plan and research/visibility into emerging technologies not necessarily considered in the business unit strategies.
- Workforce Management:
- Manage the end-to-end staff augmentation needs from Vendor Management to Contractor Management and Administration. Manage overall resource capacity and demand both from a delivery and technology adoption perspective. Develop and maintain a skills inventory for the PMO resources to help identify gaps.
- Support SES communications in the form of executive presentations, townhall materials, and general SES communications involving technical writing and delivery.
- Learning & Development:
- Leverage PMO skills inventory to identify training needs. Ensure the setup and coordination of common training needs across SES as needed.
- Methodology, Tools and Processes:
- Lead continuous improvements to methodologies and delivery process management (including Technology Solution Delivery Methodology [TSDM] and Transition to Production [T2P]). Lead the development and maintenance for tools such as Sharepoint and PPM software. Provide data analytics and reporting support further to that included in the existing tools.
Qualifications and Competencies:
- Education and direct work experience:
- A post-secondary degree, preferably in Information Technology, or a combination of education and related experience.
- 10+ years of experience as a leader in an Information Technology environment with a solid grasp of the Project and Program Management discipline
- Certification in Project Management considered an asset
- Demonstrated skills and competencies:
- Inspires a vision that adapts to new realities, articulating meaningful expectations and creating clear pathways to desired outcomes
- Ability to use executive sponsor positional power
- Strategic mindset with a generalist approach – able to dive into business or marketing strategy
- Drives results and contributes to change processes that improve organizational performance and creates a culture of accountability
- Ability to build consensus, communicate, evolve IT processes, tools and methodologies to create operational efficiency
- Using credibility and trusted advice, is able to foster collaborative relationships across functions and the business and facilitate cooperation towards key strategic project delivery
- Attracts, motivates and develops talent to build the right team to meet strategic direction and tomorrow’s needs
Discover your opportunity….Apply today!
Great-West Life offers competitive compensation, great benefits such as medical, dental, life insurance, wellness account and personal days not to mention onsite cafeteria and fitness facilities. If you’d like to join our team submit your information online and introduce yourself.
Together Great-West Life, London Life and Canada Life serve the financial security needs of more than 13 million people across Canada, with additional operations in Europe and the United States. As members of the Power Financial Corporation group of companies, we’re one of Canada’s leading insurers with interests in life insurance, health insurance, investment and retirement savings. We offer a broad portfolio of financial and benefit plan solutions for individuals, families, businesses and organizations.
We are committed to providing an inclusive, accessible environment, where all employees and customers feel valued, respected and supported. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of the communities in which we live, and to creating an environment where every employee has the opportunity to reach their potential.
Great-West Lifeco would like to thank all applicants, however only those who qualify for an interview will be contacted.