OverviewGreat West Life Institutional Risk Counsellor Full Time in Winnipeg, MB
Great West Life
Branch Winnipeg MB CA
Institutional Risk Counsellor
As members of the Power Financial Corporation group of companies, we’re one of Canada’s leading insurers with interests in life insurance, health insurance,…
Who We Are:
Institutional Investment Solutions is the sales and services provider for Great-West Life’s institutional clients – representing over $11 billion of assets under administration. We have access to a full suite of investment mandates from our internal investment manager organizations along with a large and diverse base of external investment manager relations.
Our organization offers flexibility for this role to be located in London, Toronto or Winnipeg.
As a key member of the sales and client support teams, you will lead our institutional risk-based solutions offering as well as provide expertise in portfolio optimization and attribution. You will work with our Asset Liability Management (ALM) and Wealth Management groups to develop and implement risk-based solutions (Liability Driven Investments, Annuity buy-in/outs and longevity insurance) for our clients.
- Post secondary education in a business related discipline. Candidates who have achieved their FSA, FCIA or CFA designation are preferred
- Minimum of 7 years of investment industry experience with an excellent knowledge of risk-based solutions for institutional investment clients
- Significant experience in using Morningstar direct for portfolio optimization and attribution
- Proven presentation and communication skills, including the ability to articulate complex topics clearly and appropriately for diverse and demanding audiences
- Proven track record of developing and implementing new initiatives through a corporate organization
- Strong team player able to work in a collaborative environment
- Professional, energetic and proven relationship builder
- French language abilities an asset
If you are interested in this opportunity, please apply on-line by February 12, 2015.
We foster a culture where a wide range of professionals are learning, growing, and shaping their careers to achieve their personal and professional goals. We’re an organization that cares for our customers, our staff and our communities.
Together Great-West Life, London Life and Canada Life serve the financial security needs of 12 million people across Canada, with additional operations in Europe and the United States. As members of the Power Financial Corporation group of companies, we’re one of Canada’s leading insurers with interests in life insurance, health insurance, investment and retirement savings. We offer a broad portfolio of financial and benefit plan solutions for individuals, families, businesses and organizations.
We are committed to employing a diverse workforce and encourage all qualified individuals to apply. Candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted.
Employment Type: Full Time
Location: Winnipeg, MB, CA
Posted on: 2015-01-24