OverviewGreat West Life Group Insurance Underwriter Full Time in Toronto, ON
Great West Life
Branch Toronto ON CA
Group Insurance Underwriter
As members of the Power Financial Corporation group of companies, we’re one of Canada’s leading insurers with interests in life insurance, health insurance,…
The Group Insurance Underwriter is responsible for assessing the risk associated with the sale, amendment and renewal of assigned groups.
- Establishing appropriate premium rates and expenses for new and inforce groups
- Pricing and approval of plan amendments on inforce groups
- The management and reporting on the financial outcome of assigned groups
- Timely handling and responding to customer (group sales, policyholder and advisor) inquiries
- Production of financial and service agreements for assigned groups
- Living our values of Customer View; Integrity; Partnership; and Communities
- Excellent analytical, decision making and problem solving skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated mathematical aptitude and strong data analysis skill with accuracy and attention to detail
- Time management skills with the ability to handle changing priorities and fluctuating work volumes
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Word programs
- Completion of post-secondary education
- Preference will be given to candidates who have completed or are working towards completing the CEBS designation
- Group Financial Underwriting experience is an asset
- Ability to excel within a Purpose/Vision driven environment
We offer a challenging, team-oriented work environment, competitive income and benefits, and opportunities for professional and personal development and growth.
Discover your opportunity…
Apply with cover letter and resume by August 24th, 2015.
We foster a culture where a wide range of professionals are learning, growing, and shaping their careers to achieve their personal and professional goals. We’re an organization that cares for our customers, our staff and our communities.
Together Great-West Life, London Life and Canada Life serve the financial security needs of 12 million people across Canada, with additional operations in Europe and the United States. As members of the Power Financial Corporation group of companies, we’re one of Canada’s leading insurers with interests in life insurance, health insurance, investment and retirement savings. We offer a broad portfolio of financial and benefit plan solutions for individuals, families, businesses and organizations.
We are committed to employing a diverse workforce and encourage all qualified individuals to apply. Candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted.
Employment Type: Full Time
Location: Toronto, ON, CA
Posted on: 2015-08-17