OverviewGreat West Life Disability Benefits Administrator Full Time in Winnipeg, MB
Great West Life
Branch Winnipeg MB CA
Disability Benefits Administrator
Excellent customer service skills. Business knowledge of disability insurance an asset (ie:. As members of the Power Financial Corporation group of companies,…
The Disability Benefits Administrator is responsible for managing a block of disability claims for claimants who are expected to receive benefits to the maximum benefit date. This includes performing accurate and timely benefit calculations and answer questions related to benefit calculations and adjustments, tax and other deductions, from both internal and external clients.
- Perform complex LTD benefit calculations for the maintenance block of claims. This includes:
- Under/overpayment calculations.
- Calculations involving rehabilitation earnings.
- Inflation protection and cost of living adjustments (COLA) calculations.
- Processing required BEN (payment) adjustments.
- Performing 2 nd check (validation) of calculations performed by other Disability Benefits Administrators, as required.
- Manage LTD and Life Reserves and Claim Status.
- Responsible for data integrity on all systems that support disability claims payment, claims management, internal and client claims reporting (i.e. information on BEN, PAS, DCT).
- Handle customer inquiries specific to benefit calculations or tax that are received directly from the customer, client or within the department.
- Update client specific systems with information.
- Close LTD (and Waiver of Premium) claim files in accordance with the plan design.
- Other administrative and financial duties in support of the claims team.
Qualifications and Competencies :
- Commitment to actively live our values of Excellence, Partnership, Integrity and Continuous Improvement
- Completion of one year community college; a combination of education and experience will be considered
- Business knowledge of disability insurance an asset (ie: Disability product knowledge, interpreting contractual provisions and applying them correctly to benefit calculations)
- Technical skills in Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Internet would be a strong asset
- Strong mathematical and analytical skills
- Critical thinking and problem solving abilities
- Superior organizational and time management skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent customer service skills
- Able to work independently and within a team environment
We offer a challenging, team-oriented work environment, competitive income and benefits, and opportunities for professional and personal development and growth.
Discover your opportunity….
Apply with cover letter and resume by April 6, 2015.
We foster a culture where a wide range of professionals are learning, growing, and shaping their careers to achieve their personal and professional goals. We’re an organization that cares for our customers, our staff and our communities.
Together Great-West Life, London Life and Canada Life serve the financial security needs of 12 million people across Canada, with additional operations in Europe and the United States. As members of the Power Financial Corporation group of companies, we’re one of Canada’s leading insurers with interests in life insurance, health insurance, investment and retirement savings. We offer a broad portfolio of financial and benefit plan solutions for individuals, families, businesses and organizations.
We are committed to employing a diverse workforce and encourage all qualified individuals to apply. Candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted.
Employment Type: Full Time
Location: Winnipeg, MB, CA
Posted on: 2015-03-21