OverviewGreat West Life Coordinator, Drug Services Full Time in Winnipeg, MB
Great West Life
Branch Winnipeg MB CA
Coordinator, Drug Services
Strong customer service skills. As members of the Power Financial Corporation group of companies, we’re one of Canada’s leading insurers with interests in life…
Who We Are:
The Group Division of Great-West Life is dedicated to providing financial protection and inspiring healthy living for Canadians. We help our customer’s manage their benefits needs and make a difference in people’s lives every day. Our success is defined by the commitment of our people, the quality of our service and our focus on continuous improvement and innovation. As a Top 100 Employer in Canada, Great-West Life offers a challenging, team-oriented work environment, competitive compensation and benefits, and opportunities for professional and personal development and growth.
This position is suited to an individual who works well both independently and as part of a team, in an environment that is constantly changing. The Drug Services Prior Authorization Coordinator is responsible for assessing coverage of drugs that require Prior Authorization before allowing coverage under a Group Drug Plan. The incumbent reviews medical information and based on guidelines in place and in consultation with the Medical Board must determine if coverage can be approved or declined. Once the decision is made, they must communicate the results both verbally and in writing to the plan member.
- Living our values of Customer View; Integrity; Partnership; and Communities
- Reviewing medical information submitted by the patient’s physician to determine if all of the necessary information has been received in order to complete the assessment. If not, you must correspond with either the plan member or the physician to obtain any missing information.
- Determining, based on the group plan parameters, if coverage is eligible under the group plan.
- Reviewing the medical information and determining if further investigation with the Medical Board is required or if the assessment can be made based on the information available to you.
- Corresponding both by phone and in writing with plan members to advise and support the decisions made.
- Providing support to the Great-West Life Group Offices, Sales & Marketing Centers, Benefit Payment Offices, and Group Customer Contact Services regarding prior authorizations.
Qualifications and Competencies:
- Excel within a Purpose/Vision driven environment
- Optimistic and have a positive approach to work and life
- Completion of a one year community college certificate program (Medical Office Assistant or Pharmacy Technician would be considered an asset); a combination of education and work experience will be considered
- Experience working in Excel, Word and Access. Excellent keyboarding skills of 40wpm
- At ease navigating through multiple computer programs simultaneously
- Skilled at delivering high quality results with speed and accuracy in a fast paced challenging and ever changing work environment
- Strong organizational skills
- Excellent analytical, investigative and problem solving skills
- Strong customer service skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Knowledge of the insurance industry and exposure to drug plans will be considered an asset
- Bilingualism is considered an asset
If you are interested in this opportunity, please apply at www.greatwestlife.com/careers by April 1, 2015.
We foster a culture where a wide range of professionals are learning, growing, and shaping their careers to achieve their personal and professional goals. We’re an organization that cares for our customers, our staff and our communities.
Together Great-West Life, London Life and Canada Life serve the financial security needs of 12 million people across Canada, with additional operations in Europe and the United States. As members of the Power Financial Corporation group of companies, we’re one of Canada’s leading insurers with interests in life insurance, health insurance, investment and retirement savings. We offer a broad portfolio of financial and benefit plan solutions for individuals, families, businesses and organizations.
We are committed to employing a diverse workforce and encourage all qualified individuals to apply. Candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted.
Employment Type: Full Time
Location: Winnipeg, MB, CA
Posted on: 2015-03-21