OverviewGreat West Life Analyst, Financial Reporting Full Time in Winnipeg, MB
Great West Life
Branch Winnipeg MB CA
Analyst, Financial Reporting
University degree, either in commerce or finance, majoring in accounting or finance, with a professional accounting designation….
Job Description: The Analyst, Financial Reporting is responsible for assisting in the preparation of accurate and timely financial statements for GLC Asset Management Group. This includes supporting the preparation of regulatory reporting, budgeting and expense analysis, internal management reporting, and assets under management reporting.
- Compile and analyze a wide variety of financial and management reports including financial statements and assets under management
- Prepare regulatory filings
- Assist in performance management calculations
- Monitor invoices and manage soft dollar balances
- Compile reports for Senior Management and Board Reporting
- Assist with the preparation of budget and ongoing analysis of budget to actual variances
- Support the annual external audit process
- Support the maintenance of various databases used to create timely and accurate management reports
- Participate in the business continuity planning on behalf of GLC’s Winnipeg site
- Participate in special/ad hoc projects as required
Qualifications and Competencies:
- University degree, either in commerce or finance, majoring in accounting or finance, with a professional accounting designation
- 2-3 years of experience in a related accounting role, preferably with an asset management company
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, and advanced Excel functions including macros and pivot tables
- Excellent analytical, problem solving and decision making abilities
- Superior communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to handle multiple priorities while managing deadlines
- Understanding of investments and the asset management industry would be an asset
- SAP experience would be considered an asset
We offer a challenging, team-oriented work environment, competitive income and benefits, and opportunities for professional and personal development and growth.
Discover your opportunity….
Apply with cover letter and resume today!
Together Great-West Life, London Life and Canada Life serve the financial security needs of 12 million people across Canada, with additional operations in Europe and the United States. As members of the Power Financial Corporation group of companies, we’re one of Canada’s leading insurers with interests in life insurance, health insurance, investment and retirement savings. We offer a broad portfolio of financial and benefit plan solutions for individuals, families, businesses and organizations.
We are committed to providing an inclusive, accessible environment, where all employees and customers feel valued, respected and supported. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of the communities in which we live, and to creating an environment where every employee has the opportunity to reach their potential.
Candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted.
Employment Type: Full Time
Location: Winnipeg, MB, CA
Posted on: 2016-11-01