OverviewGreat Canadian Casinos Security Officer – Part-time Part Time in Belleville, ON
Great Canadian Casinos
Branch Belleville ON CA
Security Officer – Part-time
Contributes to a team of engaged colleagues who care passionately about the business, site operations, and delivering a great guest experience….
Position Summary: This position is responsible for the safety and protection of employees, guests, the facility and company assets at the site level. Under the general supervision of Security Supervisors, this role must ensure adherence to all policies and procedures while contributing to a safe and welcoming work environment for all employees as well as positively contribute to an entrepreneurial culture that is nimble, energized growth oriented, to self-motivate and lead by example. Above all else, must be aligned with, and promote, Shorelines Casinos culture and philosophy of creating a great, memorable experience for our guests and colleagues.
- Exceeds guest expectations by providing outstanding customer service.
- Helps create an engaged work environment by choosing positivity and fun, recognizing excellent peer performance, and by caring about and supporting our colleagues every day
- Participates in the implementation of the departmental strategic plans.
- Monitors, documents and reports internal and external violations, unsafe conditions, potential hazards, suspicious persons and activities; prepares electronic statements via a non-gaming record keeping system
- Enforces restricted access by unauthorized persons
- Observes cashier transactions and slot drops (if applicable); escorts cash and cash equivalent movements
- Tags and reports found property; transfers to Lost & Found
- Conducts regular patrols of the interior and exterior as directed
- Performs electronic surveillance; maintains site surveillance equipment; reports issues
- Escorts guests and employees as directed
- Performs identification checks as required
- Refers guest disputes to the Supervisor, Security
- Performs crowd control as directed
- May enroll guests in the Self-Exclusion Program at some locations
- Communicates effectively with all appropriate operational departments
- Develops and cultivates strong working relationships with all stakeholders: guests, ownership, regulatory bodies and employees
- Contributes to a team of engaged colleagues who care passionately about the business, site operations, and delivering a great guest experience.
- Contributes toward workplace health, safety and wellness initiatives.
- Anticipates operational and service issues before they escalate, trouble-shoots and resolves guest concerns before they are complaints.
- Performs other duties as assigned or directed.
Education & Qualification Requirements
- People-focused and committed to service excellence
- Proactive and solution-oriented with a drive to succeed
- High School Diploma
- Smart Serve certification
- Must be willing to recertify for Use of Force every 3 years
- Current First Aid/CPR with a minimum 2 years before expiry
- Occupational First Aid Level 2 an asset
- Ability to stand and walk for long periods of time
- Can understand, speak and write English; fluency in other languages an asset
- Previous security experience an asset
Employment Type: Part Time
Location: Belleville, ON, CA
Posted on: 2017-02-11