OverviewGreat Canadian Casinos Bartender Temporary in Vancouver, BC
Great Canadian Casinos
Branch Vancouver BC CA
Hastings opens its doors at 10:00am everyday and closes at 2:00am Sunday thru Thursday and 4:00am Fridays and Saturdays….
Hastings Racecourse has been capturing the imagination of Vancouverites and visitors alike since 1889. Each April through October, we are Vancouver’s exclusive source for live thoroughbred horseracing. This year, 600,000 guests of Hastings will wager on over 40,000 live and year-round national and international simulcast races combined. In addition, we offer over 600 of the newest slot machines on our Casino Floor – complete with a spectacular entertainment lounge – as well as food and beverage options ranging from casual to fine dining.
A Vancouver landmark, Hastings offers spectacular views of the North Shore Mountains and Burrard Inlet, and located only 4 km from downtown Vancouver, B.C., we are conveniently accessible by car or public transit. Hastings opens its doors at 10:00am everyday and closes at 2:00am Sunday thru Thursday and 4:00am Fridays and Saturdays. A truly unique entertainment destination, Hastings offers an equally unique employment experience for our staff. A member of the Great Canadian group of companies, Hastings Racecourse offers both seasonal and year-round positions in a fast paced, high energy environment .
Get your career racing with Hastings Racecourse today and find out why we’re “ Bred for Excitement ” since 1889.
Hastings Racecourse is currently seeking qualified individuals for the position of Bartender to join our Food & Beverage department, under the general supervision of our F&B Management. This is an hourly part-time position; successful applicants must be available to work on live race days (Friday through Sunday), non live race days and all stat holidays.
This position is primarily responsible for ensuring quality preparation and service of beverages to guests and servers.
Other duties include:
- Internal ordering of all bar supplies and liquor
- Performance of inventory-related duties, including accurate stock-taking
- Use of P.O.S. system; handling of cash and credit
- Restocking, cleaning and organizing all related work equipment and areas
- Ongoing practice of Serving It Right
- Providing efficient, professional service while being an effective sales person
- Positive and professional interaction with guests and co-workers
- Other duties as assigned
Successful candidates will demonstrate the following qualifications:
- Minimum grade 12 education or equivalent
- Serving It Right certification, minimum 2 years bartending experience in high volume environment
- Must be willing to undergo a criminal record and credit check by the Gaming Policy and Enforcement Branch
- Experience with POS systems, cash handling
- Excellent customer service skills
- Good organizational skills
- Must be a team player who works well with others
- A passion for providing Great Experiences and Memories to our internal and external guests in the continual quest of achieving service excellence
How to apply: Qualified candidates are welcome to click on the APPLY ONLINE NOW button and take a moment to register with our career centre. Great Canadian thanks all candidates that apply for this position. If your application is shortlisted for the position, one of our professional recruiters will be in touch.
Employment Type: Temporary
Location: Vancouver, BC, CA
Posted on: 2017-02-11