OverviewGrant Thornton People & Culture Consultant [Part-Time] Part Time in Saint John, NB
Branch Saint John NB CA
People & Culture Consultant [Part-Time]
Saint John, NB
Increasing talent development and retention through guidance on coaching and management best practices to people leaders across the business unit….
Why choose Grant Thornton?
Our culture is unique and our brand is synonymous with trust and quality. We are privileged to work with some of Canada’s most successful private and public organizations. In fact, clients tell us that they do business with Grant Thornton because of the quality of our people. Indeed, we have a talented, intellectually curious team and a unique culture that we work hard to preserve. We are aware that our success as an organization depends on each of our people building strong and challenging careers that they can be proud of. Using our values as our guide, we empower our people to make a difference in every interaction with one another, with clients, and in the communities in which we work and live.
A great opportunity awaits a highly passionate and motivated People and Culture Consultant . Working closely with the People and Culture Manager in the Business Unit and in liaison with various stakeholders, you will be responsible for the support and delivery of a talent attraction, engagement and development strategy by providing generalist support. Our People resources team offers continual professional development as well as growth and learning opportunities to evolve your career. If you are passionate about the field of human resources and have an ability to engage those around you to grow an award-winning, high performance organization, this is your opportunity.
A career with People and Culture with Grant Thornton will provide you an opportunity to:
• Work with a team of professionals who assist individuals and businesses with a wide range of Assurance, Tax and Advisory services
• Be part of a unique work culture that challenges you to further your professional development and enhance your chosen career path
• Join a dynamic environment with well-respected professionals who are locally renowned in their respective field
As a People and Culture Consultant, your responsibilities will include:
• Actively supporting the implementation of our People and Culture strategy including talent attraction, engagement and development.
• Collaborating with the People and Culture Consultant, Attraction to ensure a seamless candidate experience throughout all recruitment.
• Providing Orientation/Onboarding (as required) within the business unit and working with stakeholders to ensure an integrated and exceptional experience for all new hires.
• Increasing talent development and retention through guidance on coaching and management best practices to people leaders across the business unit.
• Supporting workforce and succession planning through proactive analysis and recommendations to leaders.
• Communicating in effective and meaningful ways internally and externally on a regular basis to drive success of the People and Culture strategy.
• Developing and creating proactive measures to increase the experience for our people.
• Leading inclusively by building awareness and insight as part of our leading inclusively team.
Our Unique Culture
We are committed to the professional growth of our employees. We want you to achieve your full potential and are aware that our success as an organization depends on a combination of individual and team achievements. At Grant Thornton you are sure to work with consummate professionals who love what they do. Our people truly make us different. Why is this important? Your career grows when you work with industry leading professionals on interesting projects.
The skills and attributes required for this position include:
• Minimum 3 years Human Resource experience preferred
• Post-secondary education required; HR-related degree/diploma and CHRP is an asset
• Passion and talent for the full spectrum of human resources functions
• Knowledge of current legislation related to employment as well as current HR theories and practices
• Experience working in a professional services or partnership environment preferred
• Excellent communication skills, including verbal, written and presentation skills
• Maintenance of strict confidentiality as required in the role
• Ability to work independently and in a collaborative team
• Solid judgment and effective interpersonal and facilitation skills
• Strong organizational and time management discipline
• High levels of diplomacy, tact and attention to detail
• Excellent Microsoft Office skills including Outlook, Word, PowerPoint and Excel
Please note this position is a part-time position [3 days per week]
Employment Type: Part Time
Location: Saint John, NB, CA
Posted on: 2016-09-20