OverviewGrant Thornton National Helpdesk Support Analyst Full Time in Toronto, ON
Branch Toronto ON CA
National Helpdesk Support Analyst
Troubleshoot various hardware issues with PCs, printers, scanners, etc. Participate on the National Helpdesk support team troubleshooting and resolving user…
Who we are
You know those big cities that still feel like small towns? Where everyone’s friendly and helps each other out? That’s like Grant Thornton. Except here we’re all professionals and there isn’t a mayor or a general store. What we’re trying to say is that we’re a very different kind of professional services firm where culture is at the heart of who we are and what we do. We employ about 2000 people across Canada, and we truly care about helping our clients, colleagues, and communities thrive. That’s what’s most important to us. We’re building a special organization that’s purpose driven and as we grow we always want to remember what your favourite milkshake flavour is (ours is grape, just so you know).
As a National Helpdesk Support Analyst you will:
• Participate on the National Helpdesk support team troubleshooting and resolving user support issues by phone, email, in-person and using remote-control tools
• Provide technical support for various industry standard applications, practice-specific and Grant Thornton proprietary applications
• Configure PCs with the required core environment software, printer setup and practice-specific software
• Install and configure new software, updates and patches
• Troubleshoot various hardware issues with PCs, printers, scanners, etc.
• Manage hardware support and inventory management
• Coordinate the shipping and tracking of computer hardware to external vendors for repair
• Be responsible for maintaining and managing the computer, printer and supply inventory for the local office
• Provide computer and application training one-on-one to new hires
• Create, document and facilitate topic-specific group training sessions
• Participate in various IT projects as required
• Liaise and support the extended National Technology Services team across Canada
• Perform various other duties as required
Be Grant Thornton
If you’re a bit like us, you’re driven to connect with how others are feeling and thinking. Here we walk in others shoes before taking action. Just imagine being part of a team that puts we before me, where flexibility is a mindset, and where you trust your colleagues have your back. At Grant Thornton, you’ll work with inspiring leaders who support your development, both personally and professionally. This is a place where your insatiable curiosity enables you to think, see and hear from a variety of perspectives, a place where every day is different and having the courage to grow is part of who you are. And when all this comes together, well that’s when the magic happens.
Think you’ve got what it takes to be a National Helpdesk Support Analyst? Like the colour purple? Great. Here’s a few more boxes we’re also hoping you can tick:
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Ability to work effectively both independently and as part of a team
• Solid organizational skills with the ability to prioritize and work in a busy environment
• Excellent troubleshooting/problem solving skills and analytical ability
• Interest in continuous learning
• Aptitude for learning and adhering to existing standardized policies, processes and procedures
• Aptitude for learning software quickly with minimal instruction
• Desire to learn and expand knowledge of the firm and the technology environment in use
• Excellent interpersonal skills
• Interest in user needs and in providing a high quality of customer service
• Thorough understanding of networks and file servers
• Ability to lift equipment weighing up to 25 lbs/11 kg
• Some t ravel to our various locations in Ontario
At Grant Thornton we’re focused on making a difference in the lives of our clients, our colleagues and our communities. That’s our purpose. Or, as we like to say, living our purple.
Are you ready to Discover Your Purple?
Employment Type: Full Time
Location: Toronto, ON, CA
Posted on: 2018-04-05